Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Time Saving

Gazz

So what did you change that saved you time that you'd consider talking about with us. It can be anything etc

I just updated my slips for existing customers and made it look more professional and to help collecting money. It has my Facebook, bank and contact details. Compared with my last slips that just had my company logo and nothing else I can only wait and see if I get good results with it.

Maybe you changed squeegee, cloths or WFP?

Let us know what helped. 

Edit: or some steps you took to become more professional in the eyes of the customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
1, wfp

2, reshuffled work around so I start at the farthest point, and worked home, along with focusing my attention on a certain quarter of my area a week do not all over place.

3, binned houses on there own, nowhere near other work and replaced with work closer to home.

I decided to group work better together. So printed off monthly work sheets and found it easier to slot new houses in when on paper and easy to see whole round at 1 glanse , end of the month will type edited changes.

Also debt list now on same sheet so D beside them when due, line through when paid.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The biggest thing which hasn't just saved me hours every week in admin but also eliminated a big headache and saved me a lot of money has been using round tracking software 

Getting your round in the most efficent order is important, and as  Green says add ons get in the way of that.

My round has become totally mixed up from taking on extra work, splitting days up and ending up with work due thats scattered all over...which means its going to take a while to get it all back into a perfect order, i will have to upset a few by moving their due dates back quite a bit to get it all back int o an order but it has to be done. Not going to let anything get in the way of windows again.

I've stopped taking add ons from walk ups, only doing them for regular customers, and even then im only doing the once they're due again for the windows, that way they don't end up out of sync.

I've stopped taking add ons from walk ups, only doing them for regular customers, and even then im only doing the once they're due again for the windows, that way they don't end up out of sync.
That is exactly how i do it nowadays 

Getting your round in the most efficent order is important, and as  Green says add ons get in the way of that.

My round has become totally mixed up from taking on extra work, splitting days up and ending up with work due thats scattered all over...which means its going to take a while to get it all back into a perfect order, i will have to upset a few by moving their due dates back quite a bit to get it all back int o an order but it has to be done. Not going to let anything get in the way of windows again.
just push the ones out of sync to 5/6 weeks until they back in order, doesn't annoy them and you get everything back in order, may tale few weeks tho. Or if they are a week behind, do them on a Monday, then the Friday the week before, 2 days won't annoy them from experience, after that they can go wherever in the week

i keep trying aworka and cleaner planner but i cant seem to make the move from george, Its so simple to use and i like printing out the sheets to have something to write on during the day

I just started using aworka. It's free for 6 weeks I believe. I already see it as a massive step forward compared to using a note pad on my phone. Is cleaner planner any better?
The exact same imo only aworka is cheaper. Cleaner planner looks better 

Dumped all add ons. Windows is growimg faster than possibly imagined. Only been a short while since I decided to drop add ons but it has allowed focus on whats important. Organizing and growing the round. 
Thought you just had an inbuilt pressure washer and soft wash machine fitted into your van. What's going to happen to that if your elbowing the add ons?

I find I am constantly learning loads of ways of using time better which adds up over time. For example when I do gutter facia cleans I used to put ladders up empty insides all round then put ladders on van then get wfp and ubik out and doing f/s/g. Now I will empty insides of fronts spray ubik on them and agitate and shoot round back clean insides then rinse fronts. Then ubik back and whilst it's doing it's stuff go put ladders away. Rinse backs and I'm gone in much quicker time. 

Back