Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

clx 22 vs slx 22 stiffness

tench0771

rite as u all ive made a mistake and got a xline pole wich is dung so guna ave to ave a swop about thinking about geting a clx22 as its only £160  were the slx its £260 odd so is the clx a lot more flexy compaired to slx with a ultmate brush on?

I had a CLX 27 for a long time. Have a xtreme 44 and a SLX 47, both I split and add on sections when needed. I would say anything under 27ft a clx would do. But any higher def get a slx. But if you could stretch too a SLX22 I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

If you don't think you will need more than 27ft a clx is fine. I used it with a extension for a year and it was no problem.. just so used to my slx n xtreme would never go back

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

An 18 clx is about the same is use as an slx 22 weight wise but a bit more whippy.

22 clx i wouldnt want to use all day, i really want an extreme next  :1f61c:  although i cant stomach forking out 500 plus sheets for a stick

Hi have just purchased the 22 slx after using the 22 clx and yes the slx is a great pole however I would recommend the clx to anyone who is maybe starting out or on a budget. Yes the clx is more flexy but still good value for money 

An 18 clx is about the same is use as an slx 22 weight wise but a bit more whippy.

22 clx i wouldnt want to use all day, i really want an extreme next  :1f61c:  although i cant stomach forking out 500 plus sheets for a stick
That's the worst bit for me as I've allmost spent extreme money on a pile of cxxxxxp 

I watched two guys using CLXs the other day and boy did they look whippy even doing first floor windows. My first Gardiner pole was a CLX18 and my second a CLX27.  They were good poles for the money but as soon as I could I switched to SLX poles which were much better to work with.  My current everyday pole is an Xtreme 22 v3 and I love it.  

desided to keep the xline till its nackerd then ill get eather a slx22 or a extreme 22 sod it i just cant buy a new pole all redy as its just madness if i get 8 months out of it ill be peed off but at the same time glad its lasted that long as i cant see it lasting 5 months  :1f644:  and i point blank wont buy a replacment section 

Last edited by a moderator:
i got a xline 20ft but its 18ft so had to buy a extion but it was 6ft tall so had to chop a foot off it ,its heavy and the clamps dont have much bite of adjustment and the number 1 and 2 is wore badly allredy 10 weeks of use  :1f61e: its also expencive compaired to a slx u get conciderly less for your money with xline

Get a SLX  I don't think that the new Xtreme is worth the money as the wear rate of a section is the same as a SLX section.

i got a xline 20ft but its 18ft so had to buy a extion but it was 6ft tall so had to chop a foot off it ,its heavy and the clamps dont have much bite of adjustment and the number 1 and 2 is wore badly allredy 10 weeks of use  :1f61e: its also expencive compaired to a slx u get conciderly less for your money with xline
Its absolutely shocking that you are having excessive wear issues so early on.

cheres ash its ok tho m8 im guna keep using the xline now till it dies i wana see how long it lasts now then im guna flood the internet how bad this pole is im quiet heavy handed with my gear but this is shocking , ive desided im guna get a extreme next and replace the sections as they were out ill keep my old slx as back up incase it ever snaps , this is the second time ive strayed from gardners and regeted it twice now once bitten twice shy as they say  :1f44d:

It's sad that a company like that can have such bad after sales service

If that was a company like Gardiners etc they would do their best to rectify the problem

Amazes me that they are still in business with all the bad stuff i hear about them

when i went to mark m show i had a chat with the guy on the xline stall and none of the poles on show had the clamps tite as in how u would set them for working wich i thault was very strange when i receved the pole it did not even come with a alan key luckly i had a set in the van but that runed the first experence of the pole then i saw there was very little adjustment once i titend the clamps just like the facelift pheonix x  pole alarm bells then started to ring along with others on here saying how they dont last i only wanted to try a different brand for a change this will be the last for me its just gardners from now on

Back