Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Would I look like a plonker in Hi-vis

Max

I am not wearing logo clothes when cleaning, so was thinking of getting hi-vis top with window cleaner written on it.

I want to keep costs down and simply wear this instead of buying logo t-shirts, jacket etc, would I look like a plonker or does anyone else use hi-vis?

I use high viz when doing shops n having to stand on roads on busy streets when cleaning. I feel like a plonker. I dont have logo gear, i think about it, but think i might look like a plonker.
At least if you wear high viz, you might avoid being run over, but someone in logo gear n no high viz, gets flattened, but looks good.
Do what you want:)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

You can get an embroided polo for like £20. The polo has more than paid for itself by enquiries.

Although people do wear hi vis and I'd really recommend wearing a hi vis during busy commercial jobs.

I spent big part of later life having to wear hi-vis and safety shoes....happy not to have to now.

BIG secret is...use common sense!!!!!!!!! like windowsurfers post.

Remember a time when you saw few hi-vis wearers....now even see council labourers digging in parks with no overhead obstructions etc on hot days having to wear hard hats  in case their H&S turn up!!!!!.

Yeah health and safety is big right now. It's not yet hit window cleaning in general. My last job we had to wear a hard hat,hi vis, safety boots and a seatbelt just to drive a forklift at 4mph on a flat surface lol.

Yeah health and safety is big right now. It's not yet hit window cleaning in general. My last job we had to wear a hard hat,hi vis, safety boots and a seatbelt just to drive a forklift at 4mph on a flat surface lol.
Been and done same, common sense is being killed.

Hi-vis is awesome to work in. I feel much safer using a vest as I often have to step out in the road or amongst cars.

Pedestrians also are more careful when walking around you.

I think as professionals we need to take safety seriously.

We wer high biz vests on busy roads and commercials. I have just bought black sweaters with high viz stripes across the middle and black trousers with the stripes on bottom of both legs with dark mornings and the nights drawing in  its good to been seen take no chances safety first. The sweaters are embroidered and body warmers matching look the part

Hi-viz on residential work you will look a plonker. Logo work wear is far better getting a uniform together will look a whole load better.

I am the only window cleaner in my area to wear a visible logo uniform polo's , tops, jackets and caps and the only one to wear shorts all year round.

Hi-viz on residential work you will look a plonker. Logo work wear is far better getting a uniform together will look a whole load better.

I am the only window cleaner in my area to wear a visible logo uniform polo's , tops, jackets and caps and the only one to wear shorts all year round.

You say wearing hi vi on residential makes you look a plonker. 

Wearing shorts when it's freezing cold doesn't? ??

Last edited by a moderator:
got 1 in the car, just in case I've got to go on road or its dark and visibility's pants, not used it tho still in wrapper and I've had it 18months!

I wear a printed hi viz got it for working on a factory site but now wear it when doing housing estates find the others seem to watch others properties so puts there mind at rest also picked up a few customers because of it

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back