Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

do you put the cleaning liquid onto the applicator or into the water?

Amazin

I've seen WCs from both ways, I been putting onto the applicator (fairy liquid) then rub it to make bubbles. The problem is that its too thick sometimes

I add solution to the glass with a spray bottle and occasionally rinse the applicator under a customers garden tap if it gets dirty

Don't even use a bucket anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen WCs from both ways, I been putting onto the applicator (fairy liquid) then rub it to make bubbles. The problem is that its too thick sometimes
Keep a bottle of water with you on your belt, and just pour some over the applicator to weaken the solution when that happens.

I use a 12l masons bucket about half full, and apply the soap to the water.

Then, I live in a costal climate so there is a lot of salt on the windows needing copious amounts of water.

Bucket on a belt for holding moerman fliq or combinator,or applicator/squeegee.

Bottle in a pouch with premixed solution. Squirt solution on to aforementioned tools. Works a treat. Solution stays on the glass,and doesn't run everywhere, which is great.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Like dave said. I also use a spray bottle and keep my applicator wet. You only need 1-2 spray bottles per day. 
I have 3 x 2 litre bottles full of water and soap in the van

Whenever the spray bottle gets low just top it up

That lasts a fair while

Fairy liquid in a bucket, I couldn't be bothered with little spray bottles, if the windows were heavily soiled I will rub fairy direct on to the applicator and rub it in after its had a soaking in the bucket.

I've not tried spray bottles. Will give it a go. I use premixed solution in a sports drink bottle that's on a pouch on my belt.

Just squirt directly on to fliq or applicator.  Works really well. 

I've not tried spray bottles. Will give it a go. I use premixed solution in a sports drink bottle that's on a pouch on my belt.

Just squirt directly on to fliq or applicator.  Works really well. 
I've tried and discarded spray bottles. I do exactly as you do. I find on the Moerman scrubber or Fliq you only have to reapply every 4 or 5 water dunks. Much prefer it to solution in the bucket. 

I've tried and discarded spray bottles. I do exactly as you do. I find on the Moerman scrubber or Fliq you only have to reapply every 4 or 5 water dunks. Much prefer it to solution in the bucket. 
Squirting water is not really the way to do it because you don't have control of the water, it's all about control, to get exactly the right amount to do that window to be effective. It's the same principle as the applicator - just as much as you need - only less water. when you get used to it, it is so much more efficient, which means quicker.

I'll give it a try. The proof of the pudding and all that.

I do have a lot of control with the way I do it tho. Solution stays on the glass,which is what I wanted.  

I can apply very little,or a lot of solution. 

You must be sh1t hot with that pole. I've not even contemplated using a pole to clean top windows. It's maybe too much of a skill for me to master? So many size differences,angles,accessibility problems for the windows I clean! ?

Latest Posts

Back