Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water consumption

If you are new to it expect to use double though for the first few weeks as it takes time to speed up

Not really sure tbh honest... Being a bit anal about these things I do tend to time how long each house takes me..... and I normally use 1.3 - 1.5 litres per minute... not exactly the answer you were looking for I imagine but how many litres do you use per minute ? .... that may be a good starting point for you to work out your own usage. :1f603:

Last edited by a moderator:
We all work differently so will all use different amounts

I did 2 neighbours today (detached houses 1x £20 and 1x £25 and only that cheap as i know them in 1 house and their parents are in the other so 1 pays for both) and used under 50l on my trolley

Had flow on 40 out of 100 on a 6lpm grippatank pump so like 50 or more on a shurflow and i rinsed on the glass

Do that on a low flow rinsing off the glass and you will use more as it takes so much longer

Last edited by a moderator:
How much one lad uses is almost irrelevant to what you might use, I have watched some lads working local to me and they use less than i do but they don't give the frames a proper clean and I seen windows left a mess. You need to know what you are doing and not expect the magic water to do all the work new skills take time to master. 

Their is also new houses been built all over were I work so i have to use more water on a lot of jobs that are affected by all the dust, Some are almost like first cleans every time I call. 

Back