Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Possible huge contract worries

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Corps012588

Hiya guys.

Whilst out dropping fliers a few days ago I decided " in for a penny, in for a pound" and dropped a flyer into a local holiday park.

Didn't expect to hear anything but today I have received an email from their sales manager asking about a possible business partnership.

Now this park has over 300 caravans and god knows how many lodges.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to progress please as I have never taken on anything like this.

Any ideas on contracts and things would be a massive help please

Thak you in advance

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I would ask for a meeting to discuss firstly what they mean as a possible business partnership. I would then ask what exactly they want, just external windows, full cleans, frequency, payment etc Then how many caravans, lodges, sizes etc, once you've got that information you can start pricing. Remember that even though it potentially is very big and therefore profitable, it could also make you a very busy underpaid fool. 

The contract will only stipulate what you have discussed and the period you have the work for.

Thank you part timer. The underpaid fool part is what worries me in all honesty

If you have all the info in front of you and you have calculated how long each unit is going to take you then it's just a multiplication exercise. Some times big jobs seem very daunting, and initially they are, however after a few washes it will become easier. Don't be scared in asking if you can do a trial on each type of caravan / lodge, if he wants to have a partnership then he should be helping you as well. Don't go into the meeting feeling intimidated, he knows how to run a caravan park, not a window cleaning business. 

From my experience a lot of these places say they want a regular clean and it turns out to be twice a year! Some also want the work done for next to nothing and take months to pay as "there was a problem at head office" well worth a look on trip advisor as may show how well place is run? Park holidays took 3 months to pay me! Will not do this type of work anymore

If you have all the info in front of you and you have calculated how long each unit is going to take you then it's just a multiplication exercise. Some times big jobs seem very daunting, and initially they are, however after a few washes it will become easier. Don't be scared in asking if you can do a trial on each type of caravan / lodge, if he wants to have a partnership then he should be helping you as well. Don't go into the meeting feeling intimidated, he knows how to run a caravan park, not a window cleaning business. 
Agree totally....and good on you "in for a penny ,in for a pound" may end up in for loads of pounds !!!!!

Get everything in writing email your quote and if they agree to terms of contract that's fine. But be wary some contracts will drop you after 1-2 times cleans.

I priced a school last week as a one off despite them telling me they wanted it done once every year. My spidey sense was tingling so I went in high and got the job.

Back