Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Great window cleaning gloves

I agree, builders gloves are best although not quite as warm in winter as the neoprene ones I was getting. Got through two pairs of them in winter costing me £30+ a year. Bought two pairs of skytec argon gloves for £12 and am going into a second winter with them......

The trouble is with those gloves the outer isn't waterproof and this has been the case for over 10 years so damp/wet gloves equal freezing cold hands more so in my case as I have nerve damage in my hands, Cheaper gloves can be swapped during the day if needed.

When I was a traditional windy for over 25years never used to wear gloves. 

Woudnt some sort of divers glove be the best,or marigolds 

These are brilliant. Easy to get on and off, the grip is excellent on the poles and they are waterproof. Couldn't ask for a warmer glove.

3806669832e8c40e0908338b2eef7efe.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I bought a pair of Joka gloves last year only wore them once. Big and bulky if you only have small hands.

In all my years of window cleaning I have yet to find a decent pair of proper waterproof gloves that are warm. With loads of money spent on new products by supplier's I am bit baffled as to why no one can come up with a decent pair of gloves that last and don't smell like a dead rat after wearing a few times

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have to say I agree with chris33. The skytec argon are amazing gloves. And at 6 quid a pair, I have a few pairs on the go, so if I get the cuff wet I can give them time to dry. They're warm, tough, comfortable and not too bulky as to ruin trad cleaning. They get my thumbs up. 

?

Thick gloves are no good if you're doing trad, just too bulky and you can't feel things. I use nitrile inspection gloves mainly to keep my hands clean, I find that even in very cold weather keep the chill off, especially if they are slightly too big. I bought some black marigold type from Sainsburys, but they were tight and were very cold. when these nitrile are finished, witch will be soon, I'm going to get the black ones that mechanics use - someone gave me a couple and they seemed OK.

Latest Posts

Back