Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

BOAB- gathered soap/water leaving squeegee wet

Bart90

How do you guys get round this one?

when I put my squeegees in my boab slots after a few windows water n soap gather and so each time I pull out my squegee its soaked at one end. I either have to wipe it or continually empty the boab. Does any one else have this issue? I've considered drilling a small hole to allow draining but might get a constant drip on my leg lol

2 minutes ago, Gazz said:

That happens because you use a bucket. Use a spray bottle instead and spray the windows then mop. That way your mop won't be soaked.

cheers for that. Im just starting to experiment with a bottle so will see how I get on tomorrow.

Whats the problem with the wet squeegee?

I use mine straight out my trad bucket and dont have problems...

You might find the problem is you're using to much soap?

If you find the wet squeegee an issue then wring your mop out a bit before you put it in your BOAB, you don't need it sopping wet

Edited by Don Kee
On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 22:08, Gazz said:

That happens because you use a bucket. Use a spray bottle instead and spray the windows then mop. That way your mop won't be soaked.

Well done that man, I've been saying this for years.

I have done that for a long time now

Makes a big difference to mopping up soapy mess afterwards off the frames etc

Top video @rugbywolf

Personally i like to use a seperate applicator unless doing insides but it never gets wet enough to drip on the glass

30 minutes ago, Dave B said:

I have done that for a long time now

Makes a big difference to mopping up soapy mess afterwards off the frames etc

Top video @rugbywolf

Personally i like to use a seperate applicator unless doing insides but it never gets wet enough to drip on the glass

What spray bottle do you use dave?

The guy in that vid is a legend :1f603:

10 hours ago, Bart90 said:

What spray bottle do you use dave?

The guy in that vid is a legend :1f603:

You can use any bottle that is practical to carry around, what is important is the actual spray mechanism, the ones to get are indoor plant sprayers that you get in garden/hardware shops, they are more expensive but last a long time and have more power. The other way, is to make your own 'bottle on a belt', which is quite simple and really useful.

Thanks for all the advice guys and I will def get a decent spray bottle.

At the moment I'm using ecover.  I've got to be honest i don't find the slick that great even when i increase the soap ratio even making it almost too soapy.  I've seen wagga on youtube recommend Aldi hand soap - anybody tried this?  Or alternatives?

Tesco or asda own brand lemon is best i find

I am back to adding flash all purpose gel to it for excellent cleaning power

I get 2 of the biggest asda lemon bottles and 1 small bottle of flash lemon gel

Mix it all together and use that to make my pre mixed solution bottles

I've gone for the 1l zep one mentioned by Gazz.  Will see how i get on with that.

I reckon I'm just going to have to experiment.  I'm using pulex rubber atm, shortly going to ettore & razr red. Hoping to iron out some of the problems I've been having.

It's funny, I've been doing this job 9 years and you so easily get stuck in your ways.  It's been an eye opener coming on the forum and finding new and more efficient ways of working..........

31 minutes ago, Gazz said:

The zep spray bottle is really good. Can adjust the clip to change the spray flow. 

The Ettore rubber is great. Lasts longer than any moerman ones and I use it with my liquidator.

Cheers Gaz. With the spray bottle combined with liquidator, do you ever detail?  

2 minutes ago, Bart90 said:

Cheers Gaz. With the spray bottle combined with liquidator, do you ever detail?  

If I said I don't ever detail that would be a lie. But from what I started with I detail alot less than I used to.

7 minutes ago, Gazz said:

If I said I don't ever detail that would be a lie. But from what I started with I detail alot less than I used to.

I'm guessing some windows lend themselves better to the liquidator than others. Once I've got the new rubbers, I'll be pulling it out the squeegee graveyard box and giving it another go!  

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.