Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

BOAB- gathered soap/water leaving squeegee wet

Bart90

How do you guys get round this one?

when I put my squeegees in my boab slots after a few windows water n soap gather and so each time I pull out my squegee its soaked at one end. I either have to wipe it or continually empty the boab. Does any one else have this issue? I've considered drilling a small hole to allow draining but might get a constant drip on my leg lol

That happens because you use a bucket. Use a spray bottle instead and spray the windows then mop. That way your mop won't be soaked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the problem with the wet squeegee?

I use mine straight out my trad bucket and dont have problems...

You might find the problem is you're using to much soap?

If you find the wet squeegee an issue then wring your mop out a bit before you put it in your BOAB, you don't need it sopping wet

On my facelift/unger boab i only get this problem if it fills up with water as the hole for the squeegees are higher up and have walls separating it from the mop.

No problem using a boab. I just have a pouch with bottle with premixed solution in,squirt on to applicator as and when.
Anything running off applicator in to bucket is minimal. I just tip out a tiny bit each day. No need to get rid of bucket,and no need to drill holes.
Happy days! ?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have done that for a long time now

Makes a big difference to mopping up soapy mess afterwards off the frames etc

Top video @rugbywolf

Personally i like to use a seperate applicator unless doing insides but it never gets wet enough to drip on the glass

I have done that for a long time now

Makes a big difference to mopping up soapy mess afterwards off the frames etc

Top video @rugbywolf

Personally i like to use a seperate applicator unless doing insides but it never gets wet enough to drip on the glass
What spray bottle do you use dave?

The guy in that vid is a legend  :1f603:

That guy is rugbywolf

I use an old flash multi purpose spray bottle 

What spray bottle do you use dave?

The guy in that vid is a legend  :1f603:
You can use any bottle that is practical to carry around, what is important is the actual spray mechanism, the ones to get are indoor plant sprayers that you get in garden/hardware shops, they are more expensive but last a long time and have more power. The other way, is to make your own 'bottle on a belt', which is quite simple and really useful.

Thanks for all the advice guys and I will def get a decent spray bottle.

At the moment I'm using ecover.  I've got to be honest i don't find the slick that great even when i increase the soap ratio even making it almost too soapy.  I've seen wagga on youtube recommend Aldi hand soap - anybody tried this?  Or alternatives?

Tesco or asda own brand lemon is best i find

I am back to adding flash all purpose gel to it for excellent cleaning power

I get 2 of the biggest asda lemon bottles and 1 small bottle of flash lemon gel

Mix it all together and use that to make my pre mixed solution bottles

I've gone for the 1l zep one mentioned by Gazz.  Will see how i get on with that.

I reckon I'm just going to have to experiment.  I'm using pulex rubber atm, shortly going to ettore & razr red. Hoping to iron out some of the problems I've been having.

It's funny, I've been doing this job 9 years and you so easily get stuck in your ways.  It's been an eye opener coming on the forum and finding new and more efficient ways of working..........

The zep spray bottle is really good. Can adjust the clip to change the spray flow. 

The Ettore rubber is great. Lasts longer than any moerman ones and I use it with my liquidator.

The zep spray bottle is really good. Can adjust the clip to change the spray flow. 

The Ettore rubber is great. Lasts longer than any moerman ones and I use it with my liquidator.
Cheers Gaz. With the spray bottle combined with liquidator, do you ever detail?  

If I said I don't ever detail that would be a lie. But from what I started with I detail alot less than I used to.
I'm guessing some windows lend themselves better to the liquidator than others. Once I've got the new rubbers, I'll be pulling it out the squeegee graveyard box and giving it another go!  

If I said I don't ever detail that would be a lie. But from what I started with I detail alot less than I used to.
Just spent a day and a half cleaning a huge ground floor school with a mix of horrible metal deep frames and upvc frames with really thin seals

Did it 50/50 wfp and trad (loads of windows over deep bushes) and have enough fingers and toes to count what i detailed

Spray and exelerator = job done

Back