Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Controller reading 'L' but battery charged

James Bond

Hi all I have a little issue with my Varistream controller, basically the controller will display 'L' if the battery drops to about 11.5v however mine is showing this but the battery is still at around 12.6v. Is there a way to reprogramme the controller or is it showing signs of death?

I have this too, im not sure if theres a way to reset the controller or if that would help, if you k ow the problem isnt your battery it likely your voltage is dropping via the wiring or connectors, every so often i change my connectors and give the neg and pos parts of the battery a brush with a wire brush or steel wool - i find this usually helps, also havimg your battery as close to the controller and pump helps too . :)

Usually caused by connections getting eroded even cable joining blocks can get bad not just on the battery terminals. 

Any corrosion will cause resistance and this resistance restricts current flow and reduces voltage. (Voltage drop is also about cable length and size.. The longer the cable the more the voltage.)

The contoller is merely reading what it sees.

Points of corrosion will be at the battery and any other cable joins along and way and the return back to the battery. Another restriction point is the fuse holder.

You need to cut the push connectors off that come with the controller, strip back the wire and buy a soldering iron and solder them back togther. Just put a small heat sleeve over it and job done takes 20 mins. No more L voltage sign. I used to charge my battery every day now i only charge it once a week.

Back