Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Target Aquired - where to next?

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
So today i hit my target of 300 customers. ( yes its been a long time coming,  2 years and 9 month  :1f602:  its not been easy but i made it)

Thats always been my target since i started licking windows, i dont know why that was my target but i always had that number in mind as being a "full round" and somewhat of a finish line to aim for.

Now its not quite full in the sense i could cram some more in, but when you factor in add ons and weather delays etc and the fact ive not caught up to date since May would probably indicate im as full as i need to be for one man. 

Now i kind of know what my plans are going forward (ditch all add ons, employ and push the windows)

But just out of interest how long did it take you lot to reach the point of being "full" and what did you do when you got there? feels strange, i thought i would live happily ever after with a full round, leave it at that, go through the motions and start saving some money, but im thinking ok whats next, i want more more more.

Just thoughts...

Last edited by a moderator:
bin the bottom 10% of work that are either jobs you hate or low priced, and replace with higher priced better work, and increase earnings that way. That's my plan anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also at around  the 300 customers mark and after 18 months of window cleaning and it's a decent amount of customers for me on my own however I'm still taking on customers who approach me when I'm cleaning in there Street ect. But it's nice to not have to go out canvassing. And there is still plenty of time for add ons although I'm not interested in employing someone else anytime soon as I have had years of working with idiots so enjoy working alone lol.I'm not sure if everyone one on here would class 300 customers as a full round but for me it's a manageable amount.

I'm also at around  the 300 customers mark and after 18 months of window cleaning and it's a decent amount of customers for me on my own however I'm still taking on customers who approach me when I'm cleaning in there Street ect. But it's nice to not have to go out canvassing. And there is still plenty of time for add ons although I'm not interested in employing someone else anytime soon as I have had years of working with idiots so enjoy working alone lol.I'm not sure if everyone one on here would class 300 customers as a full round but for me it's a manageable amount.

yeh, im not full in that im not rammed out 8 hours a day, 5 days a week with no time to breathe and coming home exhausted everyday with not energy to do anything else. but i never wanted to be in that position, i always saw this venture as a way to earn more money and have a slightly easier/ less stressfull working life at the same time. done the whole grafting my **** off the past 20 years in various dead end jobs. But i am full in that i feel its "enough" both work wise and financially for me working on my own. 

Once you get to a certain size of business you will find you will pick up work even easier. 

Added just under 50 jobs in less than 2 weeks. 

That is only 15 jobs per day on a 4 week month 

Good start but get stuck in and you'll have an employee soon

Only 15 jobs a day, sounds good to me it soon gets out of control and takes over your life, I have no time for anything Monday to Friday come home drained every night no good really going to have a sort out this autumn get my life back

I have a competition with a mate over who is first to 1k per week

Almost there now but always room to cut the :1f4a9:  and take on better work

"This time next year Rodney "

yeh, im not full in that im not rammed out 8 hours a day, 5 days a week with no time to breathe and coming home exhausted everyday with not energy to do anything else. but i never wanted to be in that position, i always saw this venture as a way to earn more money and have a slightly easier/ less stressfull working life at the same time. done the whole grafting my **** off the past 20 years in various dead end jobs. But i am full in that i feel its "enough" both work wise and financially for me working on my own. 
Thats it mate if you are doing well financially and have a good work life balance it's all good and you can keep building a customer base as you go along.I was actually at around the 230ish mark customer wise up until a couple Of months ago and  I purchased a good sized window cleaning round but ended up selling some of the round to a mate as I didn't want the added stress of a large round at the moment. But all window cleaner's have different goals in suppose some are just happy working alone and some may want to buIld an empire with a few vans and empoyies ect .

I have been a solo act since 1992 as i was workimg for mates dad before that

Decided now is the time to get things in place so i can retire at a decent age and have others pay for my retired lifestyle

Onwards and upwards 

I have been a solo act since 1992 as i was workimg for mates dad before that

Decided now is the time to get things in place so i can retire at a decent age and have others pay for my retired lifestyle

Onwards and upwards 
?

What's the goal?  Suppose the goal is to be off the glass by the end of the year and just out doing the quotes and basic managment bit.  

The focus moving forward on a full round has to be to manage the expansion and for us that's adding vans. However finding a van is easy, finding the right guy to put in a van is the challenge. 

Iv been cleaning windows for last 10 years, I have 2 lads working full time for me, iv spent 20 grand buying work as I wanted work compacted as possible, now I don't do, one off cleans every 8 weeks none of that bs, I love it when they started asking to knock a qwid of or miss a couple of windows to make it cheaper, when they start doing that, I tell them in not the window cleaner for them like there doing me a favour, dump your shite get every jod priced to what it should be at, try get your work as close together as possible, and you start to make money, and if you wana keeps your worker pay them a good rate and they stay, I'm only 30 and flying lol)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Iv been cleaning windows for last 10 years, I have 2 lads working full time for me, iv spent 20 grand buying work as I wanted work compacted as possible, now I don't do, one off cleans every 8 weeks none of that bs, I love it when they started asking to knock a qwid of or miss a couple of windows to make it cheaper, when they start doing that, I tell them in not the window cleaner for them like there doing me a favour, dump your shite get every jod priced to what it should be at, try get your work as close together as possible, and you start to make money, and if you wana keeps your worker pay them a good rate and they stay, I'm only 30 and flying lol)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Nice one.

This is kind of the way forward I have in mind. Employing staff and becoming more of an investor. Good stuff.

I'm approx at 300 and rammed packed and have a worker, bearing in mind I do a Lot of very large houses.

bin the bottom 10% of work that are either jobs you hate or low priced, and replace with higher priced better work, and increase earnings that way. That's my plan anyway
Your now in that most enviable of positions as Clisty198p said. And you are established so also Damo is correct and you will pick up new work easier.

I must be one of the few on here with no ambition. Happy earning good wedge 3 days a week. Don't want anymore. A 4 day weekend to do whatever I like. I'm kind enough to let my little lady  come and stay over on a Saturday night tho. Other than that it's me time. And I have no idea how many customers I have. Never counted them up. 

I've not long since started out, spent the last ££'s I had on setting up. I'm 34 and had a plethora of menial jobs since leaving school and a spell on the rock 'n roll. I'm confident in saying that I'm doing well so far ( mainly thanks to this forum), but it's early days I'm just happy to get any kind of work coming in at the moment, bills to pay and kids to feed! Good to read about those doing well and achieving their targets, certainly gives me hope I can reach mine! lol

Back