Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

EU Vacuum Law

Guest DanC

Today sees the introduction of the EU Vacuum law. I take it the sales of the likes of SkyVac and other gutter cleaning machines will be banned. Now I see why Omnipole gave up shop. 

I was looking to upgrade my vac this season to a skyvac or Omnipole but does this mean they're not allowed to make them any more higher than 900watt.
Can they still sell old new stock or will I have to change it with a second hand machine?
I've got a 3000watt machine at the moment no wheels!! But still sucks!!
What to do ?? 🤔

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

54 minutes ago, DanC said:

Today sees the introduction of the EU Vacuum law. I take it the sales of the likes of SkyVac and other gutter cleaning machines will be banned. Now I see why Omnipole gave up shop. 

They are individual motors, admittedly up to 1400 Watts but can you not buy 3 / 4 900 Watt gutter vacs?

1 hour ago, Part Timer said:

They are individual motors, admittedly up to 1400 Watts but can you not buy 3 / 4 900 Watt gutter vacs?

Yeah just get a connector for the three hoses to connect to with one suction hose of them..

Plenty still for sale on ebay..

Surely you wouldn't want to be moving about 3 machines to compensate. Not sure if this applies to commercial machines. Not sure how they can implement this onto commercial machines when some are used for flood damage and large warehouses etc. I'm in the process of expanding the gutter vac business but seriously having second thoughts now! For now all I can say to customers is that it don't apply to commercial machines. Let's hope so anyway! 

16 minutes ago, Lawrence Morgan said:

We are leaving the eu so short term problem possibly?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yeah but you just know this will end up being law after we split from EU. They need to be clear on what is banned and what isn't. Gutter Vac is so much safer than climbing ladders. Crazy if they let this happen for commercial machines too. 

1 hour ago, DanC said:

Surely you wouldn't want to be moving about 3 machines to compensate. Not sure if this applies to commercial machines. Not sure how they can implement this onto commercial machines when some are used for flood damage and large warehouses etc. I'm in the process of expanding the gutter vac business but seriously having second thoughts now! For now all I can say to customers is that it don't apply to commercial machines. Let's hope so anyway! 

They are built into one head so you only have 1 machine

2 hours ago, Part Timer said:

You wouldn't on the 4th floor though :1f644:

wouldn't take in on anyway, pole not big enough, sating that my father in law cleaned a 5 storey building off a ladder, was 15 years ago tho lol

just been on eu legislation site and found this paragraph
(4)
Wet, wet and dry, robot, industrial, central and battery operated vacuum cleaners and floor polishers and outdoor vacuums have particular characteristics and should therefore be exempted from the scope of this Regulation

think gutter vacs are exempt

• Like 3

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.