Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

EU Vacuum Law

D

DanC

Today sees the introduction of the EU Vacuum law. I take it the sales of the likes of SkyVac and other gutter cleaning machines will be banned. Now I see why Omnipole gave up shop. 

Getting hold of replacement moters will also be a problem as imports are now also banned and will not be allowed to be shipped. 

I was looking to upgrade my vac this season to a skyvac or Omnipole but does this mean they're not allowed to make them any more higher than 900watt.
Can they still sell old new stock or will I have to change it with a second hand machine?
I've got a 3000watt machine at the moment no wheels!! But still sucks!!
What to do ?? ?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Surely you wouldn't want to be moving about 3 machines to compensate. Not sure if this applies to commercial machines. Not sure how they can implement this onto commercial machines when some are used for flood damage and large warehouses etc. I'm in the process of expanding the gutter vac business but seriously having second thoughts now! For now all I can say to customers is that it don't apply to commercial machines. Let's hope so anyway! 

Surely you wouldn't want to be moving about 3 machines to compensate. Not sure if this applies to commercial machines. Not sure how they can implement this onto commercial machines when some are used for flood damage and large warehouses etc. I'm in the process of expanding the gutter vac business but seriously having second thoughts now! For now all I can say to customers is that it don't apply to commercial machines. Let's hope so anyway! 
They are built into one head so you only have 1 machine

Just reading this, what is the new law exactly.  Are you saying that you are not allowed to use a guttervac at all and why? I have a 1800wt machine

just been on eu legislation site and found this paragraph
(4)
Wet, wet and dry, robot, industrial, central and battery operated vacuum cleaners and floor polishers and outdoor vacuums have particular characteristics and should therefore be exempted from the scope of this Regulation

think gutter vacs are exempt

Back