Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working In The Rain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It's bouncing down here. Really suffering with this weather. Have had to skip loads of people and they just won't get done now til next time

It's bouncing down here. Really suffering with this weather. Have had to skip loads of people and they just won't get done now til next time
I guess im lucky, on this part of my round people dont mind. I do have 8 new houses I have to clean for the first time. Which im a bit worried about. Should be okay though its hot hitting the windows.

We got a bit of drizzle here so I'll be ok to keep going, not got much on anyway so a bit of stop starting won't hurt if we get any downpours.

Yo Dodger, was out this morning was fine till I heard a bit of thunder, bit of drizzle carried, on, thought if I keep hearing it thunder, then mayaswell head home, 5 minutes of being back home and its bucketing it down lol =/

Two houses to go aswell

It has done here as well mate, went to watch Olympic torch go through village and it was raining then with a bit of thunder. Went to do my first job after that in mansfield and the heavens had opened, I can't remember last time I saw rain like that lol. Maybe work on website today.

I ate days like this, it threw it down, but I sat it out- half hour later gave up, as soon as I got home it stopped! Went back started raining, this time went home, soon as I got back, stopped! I don't mind if it rains all day, but hate not knowing where I am with it, wastes so much time

I am out at the moment trying to get something done, but its impossible, its on and off like a yo yo here. I am going to give it another 30 mins and if I don't get a a half decent dry spell I am calling it a day. :-(

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

I had same as chip, thought if I cant window clean then go out canvasing, only got one customer tho, it was bucketing down, go home and its stoped what the??

When I awoke at 6:30 was raining, so slept in til 9. Raining, thought right if it's like it in hour won't go out.

10:30 - 11:30 thunderstorm.

I've stayed home lol

I have been sweating like a pig today and went for a few bears down the local with the wife in the garden .best day for a long time

I got out today around 11:30, had 6 new 3 storeys to do with the pole. The rain came on and off but wasn't too bad, then the sun came out and it was boiling! Also picked up another. There is approx 30 odd in the street and no other windy so hoping to get more

Yo Dodger, was out this morning was fine till I heard a bit of thunder, bit of drizzle carried, on, thought if I keep hearing it thunder, then mayaswell head home, 5 minutes of being back home and its bucketing it down lol =/

Two houses to go aswell
I would have just cleaned them lol

hi lads im new on here, i never used to work in the rain so my customers arnt conditioned to it, Going to start doing it very soon how do you fellas get around the customers that ask why you are cleaning in bad weather, and what should i tell them.

hi lads im new on here, i never used to work in the rain so my customers arnt conditioned to it, Going to start doing it very soon how do you fellas get around the customers that ask why you are cleaning in bad weather, and what should i tell them.
I was the same as you, Just go out and try it. If its not hitting the windows then its okay in my opinion. You will got the odd person telling you they dont want you cleaning there windows. Ive had 2 lucky for me they were bad payers and I no longer clean there windows lol

When a customer complains when you're round late from the weather which all my customers have done. i use that same excuse to say. well if you dont want us late we'll clean in the rain. they cant have it both ways.

I'm at work now but because of just how persistent and severe this rain is an the fact i'm not desperatley behind on work I'll prob call it a day in 30mins.

When a customer complains when you're round late from the weather which all my customers have done. i use that same excuse to say. well if you dont want us late we'll clean in the rain. they cant have it both ways.

I'm at work now but because of just how persistent and severe this rain is an the fact i'm not desperatley behind on work I'll prob call it a day in 30mins.
Exactly right.

Back