Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve's with 40 ft poles

Hi all, just a quick one.  Looking to get some univalves but wondering what they are like when working at height. I imagine they are the dogs malteasers on downstairs windows but what about when you have a 7 section, 40 foot pole waving around? I imagine its not as easy to support that while trying to reach the hose at the bottom section? 

Just looking for some experiences if you have used them at height.

Cheers

i had one on a 47ft pole with no issue till i snaped it trying to replace the metel clamp  :1f61e:   there well worth the money my other one is still going strong i must of had it 2 years now

Hi all, just a quick one.  Looking to get some univalves but wondering what they are like when working at height. I imagine they are the dogs malteasers on downstairs windows but what about when you have a 7 section, 40 foot pole waving around? I imagine its not as easy to support that while trying to reach the hose at the bottom section? 

Just looking for some experiences if you have used them at height.

Cheers

SLX40 - no issue using the correct pole hose supplied by Exceed.

If you have a calm day then you will be able to lift the fully extended pole into a verticle position and hold it with one hand whilst you pull the hose with the other. It takes less than a second to pull the hose and then support the pole to either move or lower.

If its breezy then rest the brush on the sill and pull the hose to switch on or off. Its just an extension of being a circus performer. :1f609:

Of course, first priority is safety.

just stand on the hose and pull up on the pole to switch it on and off, thats what I do when working at height when working in the high street, just need to make sure you have enough tension, much safer than taking hand off to yank the hose. 

Thanks guys, sounds easier than I was imagining. So Univalves take 5mm pole hose as standard I presume?

I have used univalve on a 5 storey block 

I think it was about 54 foot with all the extensions and that was with the gardiners reinforced pole hose 

It will work fine if the hose doesn't have too much stretch 

Back