Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Self Cleaning Conservatory glass roof

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dabber

Hi

picked up,a job today for a house which has self cleaning conservatory glass roof.I need to clean a couple of Windows above the roof is there anything I need to do differently or to be aware of ?

thanks

Hi

picked up,a job today for a house which has self cleaning conservatory glass roof.I need to clean a couple of Windows above the roof is there anything I need to do differently or to be aware of ?

thanks
No issue with pure water running onto it. After all, pure water and rain water falling from the sky are very similar.

If you get the job to clean the glass roof sometime then be careful. Use a soft brush and don't use a scraper as you will damage the coating on the glass. Stay away from chemicals unless you know they are safe to use on self cleaning glass.

Self cleaning glass [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

self cleaning glass is another name for Pilkingtons Soft-cote glass it has a special coating on it which slightly tints it and helps to repel alge. it does work. do not wash with any chemicals  water fed pole only -- ever 

Back