Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

my new trolley...woohoo!!

CustomMadeUK

Finally had time to make my new updated trolley and printed my own decal..not to shabby..lol

The hose is around 75m so i can leave it in the van on most jobs.

the pump is a surflo with a varistream controller, powered by a 24ah battery.

the wires are hidden in the frame tubing.

:2_thumbs_up_-_animated:

DSCN2960.JPG

looking good
Thankyou matey.

Looks better than most you buy

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
I have bought a lot of trolleys in my time and seems it quite easy to do, i just wanted based for my own needs. thanks.

Looks top quality

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

thanks matey.

Neat! Would love some more pictures, also of the insides.
it will be no problem mate but its nothing special the water case is holding a sureflo and thats it mate.

How much did it cost to build?

the pump and controller i got for 140

the trolley is 45 

hose was 40 for 100 meters

reel was from the range for 10

and other attachments was 20

soooo around 250 i would say.

that is true but this is not advertising as its my own!! i am not allowed to advertise on here unless i pay a fee. the admin has already slapped my wrists because of this...lol

1217 said:
Im confused. This sack truck is the one I have been looking at on Amazon as I am looking to buy one. This is just a modded one of those then? What is wrong with the op? Is he trying to sell them online as his own  or something?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Handy-Folding-Sack-Truck/dp/B003G3YIRY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1504359516&sr=8-5&keywords=handy+trolley
 yep thats the one matey that i use there is also a cheaper one that is black with red wheels but they dont come in a box and i found they goy all scratched up. never buy the stair wheel sack truck as this was on my last trolley build and i hated it all the time it just would not turn. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my old trolley it was a right pain in the ass!! can turn and heavy a **** but really really reliable.

the reel was good and if you are looking for one you can get it from wilkinsons for 15 i think

DSC_0028.JPG

looks tidy mind

handy for nipping around back of houses
thanks matey its really good but i wish it was thinner as the wheels sometimes gets in the way.

but the hose is long and a few of my customers dont mind the hose through there house.

there are times that i think i wish i had a backpack...lol

Can you show us in more detail how your getting the hoselock into the barrel on the old trolley? I assume there's a pipe of some sort in there too.

the best way of 

Can you show us in more detail how your getting the hoselock into the barrel on the old trolley? I assume there's a pipe of some sort in there too.

hi matey drill a hole in the top of a lid and get a STRAIGHT COUPLINGS 15MM X 15MM here is the link....http://www.screwfix.com/p/straight-couplings-15mm-x-15mm-2-pack/95828

then a brass tube to get to the bottom of the 25l container leaving a gap at the bottom for flow purposes

on the top of the lid get a hozelock adapter from bq for £2. your good to go matey.

OHH dont forget to make a small breathing hole 1-2mm on the top of the lid as i found out the hard way...i left my trolley in the van sucking from a 25l container and when i was finished the container caved in to its self...lol..luckly i did not damage the pump as the pressure must have been great to sandwich the container. 

water inlet1.jpg

Back