Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tired van

Duncs

Well got  the dreaded news my trusted Merc Vito has  given up the ghost.Been gd van never let me down had it four years now with over two hundred thousand miles on it.

The mecanic said its time to go it wont get through next MOT at xmas.So I,m mixed feeling on what to buy needs to carry 1000l water

Was thinking of the VIVARO but was put of with feed back from mecanics with the normal problems they have.

Then I,m thinking of the CITREON  RELAY should carry the weight SWB  whats your thoughts guys

I have a Vivaro, had it nearly 8 years, it has 130k on the clock and apart from the injectors having to be replaced it hasn't given me a problem, hope I haven't just tempted fate. 

It wouldn't however, legally, carry a 1000kgs. I will hopefully get it through winter and will probably replace it next year with a new Citroën Dispatch, as they currently have the highest payload of 1400kgs+

Last edited by a moderator:
Well got  the dreaded news my trusted Merc Vito has  given up the ghost.Been gd van never let me down had it four years now with over two hundred thousand miles on it.

The mecanic said its time to go it wont get through next MOT at xmas.So I,m mixed feeling on what to buy needs to carry 1000l water

Was thinking of the VIVARO but was put of with feed back from mecanics with the normal problems they have.

Then I,m thinking of the CITREON  RELAY should carry the weight SWB  whats your thoughts guys

Citroen's payload depends on the model. The 30 has a payload of about 1150 kgs so not suitable for a 1000 liter tank. The 33 has a higher payload but I think the 1000 liter tank full will still be overweight with you, fuel and equipment.

Peugeot Boxer is the same van but they have a different way of identifying their models. A 33 Boxer isn't the same as a 33 Relay.

I don't think Citroen do a Relay SWB in the 3500kg bracket. I think you need to head into MWB or LWB to get that.

I would stay away from Relay/Boxer/Ducato before thr facelift of 2006/7. The older ones will be well rotten underneath. The later ones after 2007 have galvanised bodies so underbody rot isn't an issue like it is in earlier vans.

Unfortunately you also have dpf to contend with.

Citroen's payload depends on the model. The 30 has a payload of about 1150 kgs so not suitable for a 1000 liter tank. The 33 has a higher payload but I think the 1000 liter tank full will still be overweight with you, fuel and equipment.

Peugeot Boxer is the same van but they have a different way of identifying their models. A 33 Boxer isn't the same as a 33 Relay.

I don't think Citroen do a Relay SWB in the 3500kg bracket. I think you need to head into MWB or LWB to get that.

I would stay away from Relay/Boxer/Ducato before thr facelift of 2006/7. The older ones will be well rotten underneath. The later ones after 2007 have galvanised bodies so underbody rot isn't an issue like it is in earlier vans.

Unfortunately you also have dpf to contend with.
The new Dispatch has a 1400kg+ payload without having to upgrade to a 3500kg Van. 

Back