Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Putting prices on website and flyers

Cristian

Hi folks

this is doing my head in, I see allot of very successful exterior cleaning companies put prices on their websites etc and seems to not harm their businesses. I would be scared myself of local competition undercutting my prices if I did the same or am I being paranoid. I know that putting prices on website etc will get much more enquirers that could be converted into paying customers, so what do you guys think on this? 

Cheers

Cristian 

You will always find people cheaper and willing to undercut wether you put your prices on your site/flyers or not.

If your the cheapest in your area and like to win jobs on price then I can see why you wouldn't.

By making your prices viewable you stop time wasters and price shoopers.If you have a minimum then put that 'window cleaning from £15"for example stop the £8 brigade wasting your time pricing a job you where never going to get.

I have recently though about this also as I have had alot asking prices while canvassing so I am going ahead putting out some pricing info on a leaflet to leave around my areas,

If im getting undercut oh well keep plugging away at it as I am and if the phone starts ringing happy days :)

I have inserted a paragraph on bottom of my leaflet

All prices are a guide price only for a more accurate price an in person visit will be required.

Hit or miss once there out there

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks for the replies, I think I might go with prices start at this, as then it will give potential customers an idea of the cost. Will then go and quote in person, think this would be the best approach. 

putting prices on website don't think would do you any favours..how can you put a price on for example a 3 bed .every house is different size...of someone calls you up and asks how much to clean my house...how do you know you havnt seen it...

also with customers face to face stick to your price you want don't worry what others charge...dont under price your self and agree to do for example a 3 bed house for £10 when you really want £15 because when you get busier you will come to resent doing that house for £10 when similar houses your doing your getting £15+

It's tempting to lower your prices to get work, I know Ive done it, but you always regret it when doing the job.

As for putting price on website, I do, I find most web enquiries I get I convert because they've already seen my price. Without the prices I got more enquiries but less conversions.

Guys it’s easy to pick up cheap work but Work won on price is just as easily lost on price!! Win Work on quality and reputation

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Guys it’s easy to pick up cheap work but Work won on price is just as easily lost on price!! Win Work on quality and reputation

Totally agree I have picked up 12 new regular clients in the last 10 days 11 of those were  refferal's the other one checked out my fb page reviews etc and website and signed up in minutes of a quote.

I am not the cheapest I provide a top quality all round service over my competitor's which is reflected in my pricing but I have non sign up rate of around 1% on quoted jobs.

I went to quote a house told the woman my price big town house she then showed me a flyer saying £8 so I said good luck hope if they brake a window they are insured I left [emoji15]

I have done this and found no benefit, now I don't 

I am drawing up some new signage for the van at the mo and on their it will say 'From £10'  in big bold letters but that's just to encourage walk up's whilst on the estates. 

Thanks for the reply, So how do the guys that do show their prices seem to grow and not be affected by competitors? 
how do you know they grow....what because they told you.....i know of loads of window cleaners that make out there doing great when really there not.... there's one particular wondow cleaner round my way that's beem doing it forever...he thinks he's great but over last two years I'd say I got at least 50 of his customers because he's not great and is cheap and does a poor job.....i don't believe in advertising your price for same reason others have mentioned...your price you want is the price you want...i have plenty of customers that paid £7-£10 with previous window cleaners and now pay £15+ with me as they get what they pay for.
a proper job and a reliable window cleaner.

how do you know they grow....what because they told you.....i know of loads of window cleaners that make out there doing great when really there not.... there's one particular wondow cleaner round my way that's beem doing it forever...he thinks he's great but over last two years I'd say I got at least 50 of his customers because he's not great and is cheap and does a poor job.....i don't believe in advertising your price for same reason others have mentioned...your price you want is the price you want...i have plenty of customers that paid £7-£10 with previous window cleaners and now pay £15+ with me as they get what they pay for.
a proper job and a reliable window cleaner.

Agree with the above, Some people will tell you anything i was pally with another cleaner and he would often tell me he was flat out working 5 days a week then one day he revealed he worked 9.30am till 2.30pm hardly flat out  :1f602:  he would have days off for pointless reasons all in all not a real grafter. 

Be more concerned about the best way to grow your business and not lads local to you. Who may tell you anything but the truth !

It was observations I had made on another site with guys like Lee Pryor who has all his prices on his website and runs over 10 vans. I have decided I will be putting prices "from" on my advertising and that stops local competition undercutting me as I live in a small town. 

Lee Pryor doesn't need the work and pretty sure he had a few vans on the road before going down that route. Working would have been coming in anyway with the presence he already had.

The more I looked into the pricing issue, as in do or don't , I decided that just putting Windows from this and Conny valet from that would be the best way forward for me. 

Back