Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Cristian

Putting prices on website and flyers

9 hours ago, Teaboy said:

Guys it’s easy to pick up cheap work but Work won on price is just as easily lost on price!! Win Work on quality and reputation

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Totally agree I have picked up 12 new regular clients in the last 10 days 11 of those were  refferal's the other one checked out my fb page reviews etc and website and signed up in minutes of a quote.

I am not the cheapest I provide a top quality all round service over my competitor's which is reflected in my pricing but I have non sign up rate of around 1% on quoted jobs.

I went to quote a house told the woman my price big town house she then showed me a flyer saying £8 so I said good luck hope if they brake a window they are insured I left

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Thanks for the reply, So how do the guys that do show their prices seem to grow and not be affected by competitors? 

how do you know they grow....what because they told you.....i know of loads of window cleaners that make out there doing great when really there not.... there's one particular wondow cleaner round my way that's beem doing it forever...he thinks he's great but over last two years I'd say I got at least 50 of his customers because he's not great and is cheap and does a poor job.....i don't believe in advertising your price for same reason others have mentioned...your price you want is the price you want...i have plenty of customers that paid £7-£10 with previous window cleaners and now pay £15+ with me as they get what they pay for.
a proper job and a reliable window cleaner.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

8 hours ago, jay198127 said:

how do you know they grow....what because they told you.....i know of loads of window cleaners that make out there doing great when really there not.... there's one particular wondow cleaner round my way that's beem doing it forever...he thinks he's great but over last two years I'd say I got at least 50 of his customers because he's not great and is cheap and does a poor job.....i don't believe in advertising your price for same reason others have mentioned...your price you want is the price you want...i have plenty of customers that paid £7-£10 with previous window cleaners and now pay £15+ with me as they get what they pay for.
a proper job and a reliable window cleaner.

Agree with the above, Some people will tell you anything i was pally with another cleaner and he would often tell me he was flat out working 5 days a week then one day he revealed he worked 9.30am till 2.30pm hardly flat out :1f602: he would have days off for pointless reasons all in all not a real grafter. 

Be more concerned about the best way to grow your business and not lads local to you. Who may tell you anything but the truth !

It was observations I had made on another site with guys like Lee Pryor who has all his prices on his website and runs over 10 vans. I have decided I will be putting prices "from" on my advertising and that stops local competition undercutting me as I live in a small town. 

Lee Pryor doesn't need the work and pretty sure he had a few vans on the road before going down that route. Working would have been coming in anyway with the presence he already had.

agree...ur free to do whay u wamt bit there's a van round my way that has from £10 and it just comes across like an appeal for customers to me