Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO

Duncs

This has been on my mind  for a while,at the moment I have RO from purefreedom  no problem its one of there big 650 gpd units going great.Now is it possible to use the waste water and fire it through

another RO is it possible.Just the volume of waste water going down the drain gives me reason for concern.I would say i,m getting 50/50 pure to waste.

Unfortunatly the TDS is 170 so to high just to use DI.

This has been on my mind  for a while,at the moment I have RO from purefreedom  no problem its one of there big 650 gpd units going great.Now is it possible to use the waste water and fire it through

another RO is it possible.Just the volume of waste water going down the drain gives me reason for concern.I would say i,m getting 50/50 pure to waste.

I don't think there's any reason why not. Some issues- the second ro might act like a flow restrictor for the first ro increasing waste on the first. A booster pump on the second could help that though. Also the 2nd ro would have to work a lot harder so membranes won't last as long possibly and would have higher tds output than the first, but the second ro wouldn't need prefilters.

Why not put all your customer's prices up by a pound to cover the waste water. Then you won't need to worry about it. In our neck of the woods 1000 liters costs £6.00.

There is another option for you to reduce the amount of waste to the drain to say 40 waste 60 pure. But you will have to replace your existing gate valve for another that hasn't a hole drilled through the saddle plate. Any plumbing supplier will have them. (PF drill a small hole through the paddle to allow some water to waste even if you completely shut the valve.)

Use the waste to water your garden or clean your car or something instead. I can't see any economical benefit trying to clean the waste water.

im just about to put in a raised veg patch in the garden, and will be getting an Ro in the new year, gonna run the waste into an irrigation system so as I fill up the veg gets the waste. saves me mucking about with a hose watering it all the time too.

I have started rainwater harvesting

Just need a good downpour now

Will use the ro whenever i need to but prefer rainwater

It cleans better too i think and don't need to di it as it is coming off my roof under 7ppm

For some reason it hasn't spotted once

Last edited by a moderator:
My water bill went through the roof with a RO....with a TDS of about 95 I am now double DI.

No more all night filling now 15 minutes or so and it's done...and I try wherever possible to fill up at customers.

Yeh I think the rainwater idea is great, just need the roof etc.  we used to clean trad with water out of a clear river and that was good.  If I end up in a flat the ro im ordering may not be much use so im hoping some good friends wont mind me installing water butts at their gaffs.  Free house clean of course.

sorry guys its not the cost of water its the volume whats getting used per day 

as one of our guys said the water has already went through the pre filters so I could put it through DI only

thinking the waste water will be about 112  get it checked out

@duncs the waste will be a lot higher than the tap tds

If you have 170 at the tap i reckon at least 250 from the waste

My tap is 300+ and the waste is around 500

Back