Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Building a 50 litre trolley

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cristian

Hi folks, 

I  have been thinking about buying a trolley system with more than 25 litre capacity but really can't justify the price Pure Freedom or Xline want for there trolleys. I have came to the conclusion that after reading lots on here and seeing what other guys have been doing I think I might give making my own one a bash. 

I have a brand new Dewalt heavy duty breaker trolley that's specially designed for pulling on and off the back of vehicles that I think could make a great WFP trolley. I would use a Shurflo pump, analogue controller with decent leisure battery and a 50 litre tank. 

What at you guys think? 

Cheers

Cristian 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

Yeah it's a beast alright! The wheels are bigger than they look, the trolley is designed to be pulled through building sites so will go over just about anything without issues. I'm going to put my thinking hat on with this as this trolley could be turned into a great WFP trolley with the correct components executed correctly. 

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to be physically able to move and manage moving the trolley without risking injury.

I remember a guy who bought a PF 50ltr trolley and he was a big fit guy but even he within 2 months maybe started finding it a real issue physically around 70kg fully loaded with water etc ain't going to be easy to move and bounce up and down kerbs etc.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Personaly i would not go over 25l containers as it has a lot of weight and you will find you will be replacing the wheels in no time due to the bearings grinding down also all the Hastle of in and out the van.

Hi, yeah Ive hit this idea in the head. In theory it sounds great but looking more in depth , in practice it would be a nightmare to push and pull about all day with gross weight then payload of water on top. 

Back