Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shurflo or Aquatec?

G

Shurflo is what I've used and many I know use them, they're brilliant, no issues, so why do Gardiner sell Aquatec.

Has anyone used both? Much difference?

What does everyone use?

Cheers,

Lou

Shurflo is what I've used and many I know use them, they're brilliant, no issues, so why do Gardiner sell Aquatec.

What does everyone use?

Cheers,
Lou
Iv had both the Aquatec one only lasted 3 months then packed up but it had an intermittent fault from day one but couldn't get any help from the suppler [emoji35] just to clarify it wasn't from Gardeners there after care is superb [emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Been using Aquatec pumps purchased from gardiners for 18months not a murmur. Great dead end too.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

What does everyone use?

Cheers,

Lou

In the early Gardiner supplier days Gardiners sold Flojet pumps because Alex believed that Flojet was the Rolls Royce of pumps.

Shurflo had a problem with pressure switches which Flojet didn't seem to suffer with. But Flojet pumps were expensive. If memory serves me Flojet from Gardiners were close to 50% more expensive. (£80 compared to £120).

We suffered with pressure switch failures on our Shurflo pumps but since flow controllers became available they have served us well.

I have used both and prefer the aquatec

Had loads of issues with the shurflo but the aquatec from grippa doesn't miss a beat

I borrowed it when my shurflo died but will buy the same one for myself

Anyone know why the shurflo strainer is a screw on to the pump itself, which I like. But the Aquatec is an inline which requires hose between the pump and strainer... interesting

Because the aquatec has pushfit fittings rather than screw fittings which in my opinion is better and no need for the useless flimsy shurflo screw on fittings that the hose has to be jubilee clipped onto or have to use hozelock garden tap fittings and hose connectors 

Easy to make the whole setup pushfit then so the pump can be easily removed if needed or the attatched hose/pipe

Iv had both the Aquatec one only lasted 3 months then packed up but it had an intermittent fault from day one but couldn't get any help from the suppler
emoji35.png
just to clarify it wasn't from Gardeners there after care is superb
emoji106.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
What fault did you have!

@doug atkinson i had a shurflo from fullcleancentre and it was noisy from day one

Being my first wfp pump as was backpack before i knew no different until using Damo's system and seeing how quiet the grippa ones were

It lasted 8 months then died

Had it running but no pressure or flow coming out and a lot noisier

Damo reckons it doesn't look right and may be one of the fake chinese ones

Would you be able to tell from a photo?

Because the aquatec has pushfit fittings rather than screw fittings which in my opinion is better and no need for the useless flimsy shurflo screw on fittings that the hose has to be jubilee clipped onto or have to use hozelock garden tap fittings and hose connectors 

Easy to make the whole setup pushfit then so the pump can be easily removed if needed or the attatched hose/pipe
You can then use rigid pvc pipe and plumb it in and have no worries about leaks etc and it will be a lot more resistant to knocks and bashing it with putting stuff in and out the van

I have one on my diy trolley and works a treat

Also it is 6lpm not 5.2lpm which doesn't sound a lot different but the flow on full when doing a conny roof is unbelievable 

@doug atkinson i had a shurflo from fullcleancentre and it was noisy from day one

Being my first wfp pump as was backpack before i knew no different until using Damo's system and seeing how quiet the grippa ones were

It lasted 8 months then died

Had it running but no pressure or flow coming out and a lot noisier

Damo reckons it doesn't look right and may be one of the fake chinese ones

Would you be able to tell from a photo?
There should be a serial number on the label which can then be traced

5b63b4492ac500ae3a8e0bdc97774a7f.jpg

bfd61a23caa4664811797a2175b46f39.jpg

First impressions, I like the weight and I've not used push fit but these seem smart. Hopefully they don't leek.

Also first pump arrived damaged, told Gardiner within 24 hours and sent a new one straight away.

Well done Gardiner, although poor packaging on the first delivery!

What size fuse and wiring are you using with this pump? I am currently looking at one of these pumps with the same kit you have purchased married up to their Liquid Logic analogue controller from Spring. 

What size fuse and wiring are you using with this pump? I am currently looking at one of these pumps with the same kit you have purchased married up to their Liquid Logic analogue controller from Spring. 

I bought the digital liquid logic to go with it. 7.5amp or 10amp fuse if you're charging... not sure what that is so 7.5amp for me

Thanks for the feedback Louis, and Spruce,, you have to purchase from a honest reliable seller and stay well away from eBay sellers. I think the odd fake is going to make it through onto the stock of honest sellers unfortunately now and again. There is info on google regarding the fake pumps and how to spot them. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Louis how have you been getting on with this pump. And does anyone know if it would work with 1/2 hose. 

Great pump Christian, dead end is spot on, flow is great, hasn't frozen with the cold. And I use 1/2" hose with it, in and out, 1/2" barbed push fits

Back