Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Diy Tank Baffle (Baffle Balls) Van Safety

WCF

Help Support WCF:

freerider

If you (like me) bought a large unbaffled tank, then driving when its not full is annoying, not to mention a bit dangerous, I tried thinking of a way to divide the tank to stop me getting sea sick while driving along but fitting it through an 8" hole in the top would be hard.

But I then found these things called baffle balls on a website, but at £40 for 10 of them I thought this was a bit expensive for a few bits of plastic.

So I made some, very very simple, I just got about 20 plastic plant pots, used tie wraps (cable ties) to stick them together in pairs (base to base), then chucked em in, they float near the surface, water displacement is very minimal (if u get pots with thin walls like i did), and they work very well.

Simple but affective.

I tie wrap in pairs for 2 reasons, first so they r bigger and break the waves (so to speak) better, and secondly so they dont stack themselves while sloshing around (thus making them, less affective).

Try it, totally works, and only costs a few quid!!

FYI, swill pots with DI water before putting in tank, and decent sized pots, I used 2.5l black square ones, the plastic was quite flexible.

sounds a good idea! but in the pics on google the tanks are full with these before any water??
It doesnt matter if the tank is full when u put them in, the water displacement is very minimal.

It doesnt matter if the tank is full when u put them in, the water displacement is very minimal.
i ment the pictures on google show the tank full of the baffle balls before any water is put it!

carrying a ton of water in your van in one large container is an accident waiting to happen. i have seen the mira test video that shows there is no way you can stop a container that large from ripping out of its location in an accident above 30 miles an hour. the water will crush the cab and also the driver and any passengers have little chance of surviving! there is not one way yet invented to hold a container of water in place in an accident above 30 miles an hour. you may find this hard to believe but its true!! the best solution so far is to make a frame that collapses so to take some! of the shock. the statistic is yet to hit the fan thank god but people will die!! the safe option is to hold water in 25lt containers
And how would you hold down 24 of those safely? I'm not so sure being hit in the back of the head with one of those would be good for you seamus.

if the tanks are professionally fitted they wont move, it will take a great force for them to move.

25lt water = roughly 25kg.

1000lt = 1tonn

1tonn = 1000kg

so

40x25lt containers = 1000kg!

your comment is most welcome funny guy!! a ton of water is only 8 times 25lt cans, so just push them up front of van

if you can use more than 8 cans a day i be amazed
just correcting your working out!!!

GRIPPAMAX is the system that is used and as seen in this link it works a treat and the tank and water stays in one place!!!

wish you would really get your facts right before you start posting on this site!!!

thats a freaky video i mean cmon whos tank spits out water at 30mph cant you see its rubbish
its film and controlled by mira, so it 100% real!! you just cant admit when you are wrong when you are presented with the facts in front of you

sorry but everything you have said is wrong, you cant even work out how many 25lt containers are in a tonn!!!!

both videos show a failed system then both show there sfitted systems, BOTH companys passed all test so that makes at least 2 that has passed not just one as you say

oh and

run done my comments
???

and remember its only tested at 30mph i posted a good comment
yes it is only at 30, but didnt post a good comment, just full of wrong info, not what is need on here as this has a lot of new comes on that come looking for good advise!

Back