Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Smells like trouble

A

alfie92

Hi to try and cut a long story short I have a ibc tank at my dads ready for when I done and fill my van up at his via a pump.

His next door neighbour who till recently has been ( a police officer who knows it all) ok has become a rite d*#k and started doing really petty stuff at my dads house.

Today my dad rang me and said united utilities had been round but not a work man a man in formal wear and had gone in to next doors house. I know this man next door and knows he doesn't like me filling my van up at my dads.

Can the water board stop me even though we pay our rates etc and has anyone else had problems or run ins with united utilities

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Don't know for certain but chances are they could be angry about it not being used solely for residential use. Ring them up and ask them or email. Better to have a record of dialogue. 

I thought that today. To ring the water board and see what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I spoke to my local water board about about usage etc when I was at one point considering having a water meter installed they never batted a eyelid, I would defo ring them and find out were they stand on the matter.

I said to my dad "we pay the water bill every month so they can't come round and say if you have 10 people living here we all can't have a bath or shower today."

It's just petty that he would even do such a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

sounds like the guy has a huge chip on his sholder maby go round and confront him just be nice and say whats the fuking problim 

Ignore it until you hear anymore. 

Over thebyears uve I've heard of lots of people having the same issue. 

Neighbours annoyed at someone having a few vans in the drive and filling up, so they put in a complaint that your using the address as business. 

If someone comes out to see you from the water board you'll be fine. Your not using your address for business, I.e customers coming to you. Your merely filling your van up so you can go out to work. Just like a tradesman might have materials delivered to his house and he puts it in his van for the job the next day. 

Dont worry about it. 

Back