Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner rinse bar.

B

bazniff

I have seen a vdeo of the Gardiner rinse bar and ive been toying with the idea of getting one. 

However I have a few concerns and wondered if anyone out there has experience of one, or any other brand of similar equipment.

I have 3don't wondering really....

1) Does the sprayers at the top of the brush head have more problems with spotting at the top of a pane of glass?

2) Related to the above, Is there a danger of runs coming down a sheet of glass from the increased drops of water left at the top of a frame?

3) Is it any faster in reality.

Are there any other advantages / disadvantages I havent thought of, before I take the plunge and buy one?.

Any comments welcome

Best to all.

Baz

I don't see how you can clean the top of the glass without soaking the frame which I try and avoid. So for that reason they seem no good to me.

I always clean the top frame properly so get no spotting issues anyway 

May give it a try but i rinse on the glass with a gardiners swivel and extreme brush anyway so maybe no need for it

I've always found rinsing on the glass at full flow to be more than adequate on three storey work. To date I've never found myself thinking that a rinse bar woud be helpfull on any of my jobs.  That's not to say it'll never happen of course.

I'm currently trialling the new Gardiner 100° wide fanjets and I'm liking them very much.  Noisy but very effective.  Best I've used to date.  They works very well on much lower flow rates as well. (great for backpack users)

Got one a few month back in van collecting dust now , had to set pump a lot higher so was going through loads of water , and my main concern was soaking the top rail through and then dropping down the glass , each to there own but it wasn't for me

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Watched the videos of these was thinking of getting some I always clean top frame but concerned that the water would hit the wall above the glass causing dirt to cascade on to the glass

I am trialling it for Gardiner's and I love it!

It is a different way of cleaning but i just love the way the water cascades down the glass, it will take getting used to but I think it will be a great addition to my different set-up's.

The flow is defiantly a lot less "splashy" and if your careful around the top frame (which you should be anyway) you end up with a perfect finish. For me it's "rinsing on" with confidence as I am not confident with "rinsing on" with fans or pencils.

I have not had much chance to use them as the weather has stopped me working.

You can clean the top frame to the same standards as before but you need to adjust the way you work is all, the same as anything new.

I doubt it'll be much quicker than I normally am but there is potential for it, I think the benefit will come in with regards to fatigue at the end of the day.

I've always found rinsing on the glass at full flow to be more than adequate on three storey work. To date I've never found myself thinking that a rinse bar woud be helpfull on any of my jobs.  That's not to say it'll never happen of course.

I'm currently trialling the new Gardiner 100° wide fanjets and I'm liking them very much.  Noisy but very effective.  Best I've used to date.  They works very well on much lower flow rates as well. (great for backpack users)
What technique are you using? 

Back