Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

micro pumps wow!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CustomMadeUK

just tested a 131psi micro waterpump and it will pump with no problems through a 100m reel BUT it takes 5-10 second's in a 8mm bore hose for the pressure to auto switch off the pump.

it would be less with a 6mm hose.

just thought i would test this out today. 

I was looking at the one in the middle of this pic before

119 quid though without controller

Has viton seals also 

Screenshot_20170907-183551.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at the one in the middle of this pic before

119 quid though without controller

Has viton seals also 

View attachment 11255
very nice. looks totally custom milled also. i have a pic somewhere of a pump that uses viton seals and they sell them at £20 i think, i was going to get some to try soft wash but after finding out i need training to handle hypo i decided not to use it as yet so i have a load of liquid laying in my lockup...lol 

DSC_0207.JPG

DSC_0208.JPG

DSC_0209.JPG

A lot more expensive though

At 12v it can do around 8lpm full whack and not a diaphragm pump 

Maybe an alternative to the standard shurflo type ones

very nice. looks totally custom milled also. i have a pic somewhere of a pump that uses viton seals and they sell them at £20 i think, i was going to get some to try soft wash but after finding out i need training to handle hypo i decided not to use it as yet so i have a load of liquid laying in my lockup...lol 

View attachment 11256

View attachment 11257

View attachment 11258
You don't need training to handle hypo

That is a fallacy made up by the guys running the courses

A bit of training wouldn't hurt for the hse and ppe aspect of it but you can go on places like national association softwash uk and on Benz softwash website and find out what you need to know

I have never had formal training but take my ppe etc seriously 

I clean fascias, conny roofs, render, fences, decking etc with different softwash chems (well did before i decided to concentrate on the windows)

A decent softwash trolley would be a good seller i reckon too

ohh i thought i need to be trained up and have some papers..lol thanks for the info i can brush off the cobwebs and have a little play with the hypo and the upmost respect for this chemical as i heard it is very strong stuff.

im new to softwash and learning quite a bit from this forum.

its a great idea for the trolley but i cant really say to much as i dont want to get into any trouble.

Check out Benz softwash on youtube

He has done a fair few vids which show how to get into softwash with window cleaning gear etc

Back