Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slippy

Which is better carbon fibre or alloy gutter poles?



Recommended Posts

Cristian

That's what I have, they have an app you download as well. And yes, just press record and point it in the right direction. Set it up on the right angle on pole and away ye go. I found it works on wifi upto 18/20 feet but can lose signal easily. But if you are just recording then it's all ye need! :1f44d:

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL

I use a 360 cam. Made an attachement to fit it to the top of the alloy pole. I dont have to be that accurate where i hold the pole with it being a 360 cam i just put my finger on my phone screen and can pan in any direction and zoom in..

 

Going to make a new attachment to fit the camera to the end of my slx. To speed up the process.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
slippy
11 hours ago, Cristian said:

That's what I have, they have an app you download as well. And yes, just press record and point it in the right direction. Set it up on the right angle on pole and away ye go. I found it works on wifi upto 18/20 feet but can lose signal easily. But if you are just recording then it's all ye need! :1f44d:

 

How u get WiFi when you're out and about ?   U use 4G 

 

Its cheap and cheerful and if I get more of these jobs ( on 1 or 2 a month at moment)  will get a better one like what the other guys recommended.

 

I ordered the 20ft carbon poles off Mark (£300) with 38mm inlet attachment for the Machine Mart vac for £80.   1400 watts.   If that fail's  will bite the bullet and get  a 3000 watt one.

Share this post


Link to post
slippy
7 hours ago, THL4KEL said:

I use a 360 cam. Made an attachement to fit it to the top of the alloy pole. I dont have to be that accurate where i hold the pole with it being a 360 cam i just put my finger on my phone screen and can pan in any direction and zoom in..

 

Going to make a new attachment to fit the camera to the end of my slx. To speed up the process.

 

 

Couldn't u tape it on the scraper which fits onto the SLX?    I have an SLX pole.   Is it easier to manoeuvre the SLX with camera on it compared to the gutter poles?

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL

The cam I use connects to my phone via bluetooth, sometimes the reception is poor so I just record footage and then watch it..

 

Yeah I could do that with the tape but i wouldn't want it falling off, its not hard to make the fitting just need to get the screw, which I can get out of the pound shop they sell a little camera tripod with the correct screw.. i been meaning to do it for a while I think I will get it sorted this weekend. 

 

The reason I want it on an SLX is because i can survey an area quicker, than having to build the alloy pole..

 

I don't really use the cam for long, only when I have an issue. Today I cleaned a gutter and the down pipe was blocked I used it then at the end once I had removed the blockage to watch water going down the pipe..

 

Most of the time I know if the gutter is dirty without using the camera, you can feel the soil and moss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Cristian

Hooks up to any smart device that has wifi on it, I used it with my iPhone 

Share this post


Link to post
Dr Von Samstein

Anyone ever just used 50mm gutter downpipe?

i saw someone on YouTube using it. Not sure how stable it would be but definitely light and cheap

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL
2 hours ago, Sam Peden said:

Anyone ever just used 50mm gutter downpipe?

i saw someone on YouTube using it. Not sure how stable it would be but definitely light and cheap

I used the downpipe itself yesterday it was blocked. I flooded the top gutter with water and put the hose into the bottom of the down pipe and wrapped a wet towel around the hose and bottom of the down pipe so suction wouldnt be lost and it sucked out all the blockage.

 

You could use it but the connectors arent as stable as clamps so on a windy day might unstable. 

 

You can make some good attachments out of it though.

Share this post


Link to post
probbo86

Used all 8 of my alloy poles today. I couldn't lift the things. Carbon all the way. Wish I'd paid the extra now


Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL

Did you set it on the ground and then lift it? I try to set it up leaning against downpipe or against the building.

Share this post


Link to post
probbo86
Did you set it on the ground and then lift it? I try to set it up leaning against downpipe or against the building.

I did, then realised my mistake, took it apart then did it your way


Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Cristian

Slippy, please give an update on the carbon poles that you just recently purchased from Aquafed one you receive/use them . :1f44d:

Share this post


Link to post
Cristian
On 13 September 2017 at 21:04, slippy said:

 

How u get WiFi when you're out and about ?   U use 4G 

 

Its cheap and cheerful and if I get more of these jobs ( on 1 or 2 a month at moment)  will get a better one like what the other guys recommended.

 

I ordered the 20ft carbon poles off Mark (£300) with 38mm inlet attachment for the Machine Mart vac for £80.   1400 watts.   If that fail's  will bite the bullet and get  a 3000 watt one.

Slippy, how are ye getting on with the poles from Mark, and how heavy are they? 

Share this post


Link to post
slippy
On 11/19/2017 at 09:33, Cristian said:

Slippy, how are ye getting on with the poles from Mark, and how heavy are they? 

 

I haven't used any other poles to compare, but they seem pretty good. I had tendonitis of the shoulder and always go as light as possible.   Mark's a good guy as well.   Think the metal ones are more durable

Share this post


Link to post
Cristian

Slippy,  is there any chance you could please weigh one of those poles you got from Mark, been trying to get a hold of him to no avail. Would be of much help :1f44d:

Share this post


Link to post
slippy
5 hours ago, Cristian said:

Slippy,  is there any chance you could please weigh one of those poles you got from Mark, been trying to get a hold of him to no avail. Would be of much help :1f44d:

 

How do i weigh it?   Think girlfriend's got some scales I guess use them.

Share this post


Link to post
sjl

Carbon fibre every time. Yes it cost more but it’s the tool of your trade. Builders use makita not B&Q. I began on glass fibre poles but when I changed to CF it was so much better, especially for my joints.( I’m getting on now)


Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Sean Keenan

Deffo carbon fibre. After a few hours cleaning the weight difference certainly becomes noticeable. Especially if you are anglimg above a conny or extension.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
THL4KEL

Comes down to operators strength.. If you go the gym chances are alloy is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.