Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

hornbeam98

Just about to start my new window cleaning venture.

After years in the print trade i am now venturing out cleaning windows both residential and then onto commercial when I am more established.

Like most people on this site, start up costs have to be low as money is tight.

The plan is as follows, any constructive comments would be appreciated.

The end plan is a two man Reach and Wash Van with hot water feed, but to begin with its got to be the cheapest option.

Unger Starter Kit (traditional gear)

18ft pole

100gpd reverse osmosis system without pump upgradable to a 200gpd or a pumped system later if needs be

ESR18 backpack

TDS meter

I already have ladders and hoses.

I am creating a small web site outlining my business, also started generating leaflets, flyers, Cards etc.

If anybody has a good source for the following it would save me loads of hours of research.

Best Equipment/Web Site for the start up equipment.

Window Cleaning software

Window Cleaning Templates for Risk Assessments, Bus Plans.

Good name of a insurance company for insurance.

I would like to sort this over the next few weeks, then its out onto the tarmac knocking on doors.

Thanks everyone, and if anybody can share their start up story it would be appreciated, particularly pricing I am aiming at about £1 a window for a normal window which includes frames wash, then about £35 an hour for more labout intensive work like conservatory cleans, pvc revival or commercial work.

Hi Hornbeam, and welcome.

By the looks of things you have been doing your homework, and should be off to a good start - you can always upgrade & refine later.

Pole wise - would consider a gardiner's 27ft, as it is not too heavy to use, but you may find it will help you to get work that other windies are unable to do - over conservatories, and most 2nd floor windows.

I see that you are planning to start canvassing after you have everything in place - would seriously consider starting canvassing a couple of weeks earlier to give yourself a head start. Most customers have no objections if you tell them that you will slot them into your round, and you will be back in a couple of weeks. It also gives you a bit of time to perfect your canvassing technique before you start in earnest.

Am sure you will do well though.

Dave

Just about to start my new window cleaning venture.

After years in the print trade i am now venturing out cleaning windows both residential and then onto commercial when I am more established.

Like most people on this site, start up costs have to be low as money is tight.

The plan is as follows, any constructive comments would be appreciated.

The end plan is a two man Reach and Wash Van with hot water feed, but to begin with its got to be the cheapest option.

Unger Starter Kit (traditional gear)

18ft pole

100gpd reverse osmosis system without pump upgradable to a 200gpd or a pumped system later if needs be

ESR18 backpack

TDS meter

I already have ladders and hoses.

I am creating a small web site outlining my business, also started generating leaflets, flyers, Cards etc.

If anybody has a good source for the following it would save me loads of hours of research.

Best Equipment/Web Site for the start up equipment.

Window Cleaning software

Window Cleaning Templates for Risk Assessments, Bus Plans.

Good name of a insurance company for insurance.

I would like to sort this over the next few weeks, then its out onto the tarmac knocking on doors.

Thanks everyone, and if anybody can share their start up story it would be appreciated, particularly pricing I am aiming at about £1 a window for a normal window which includes frames wash, then about £35 an hour for more labout intensive work like conservatory cleans, pvc revival or commercial work.

Welcome to the window cleaning work. It does indeed seem like you have done your home work and I think you will do very well.

Latest Posts

Back