Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lead pattern on windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How do I clean windows with lead pattern on outside ? Please help

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Small windows or old leaded windows like on a pub, I use damp  fishscale cloth then buff with microfibre

Larger windows do with applicator and squeegie then buff with microfibre. Beware sometimes there are small tears in the lead that can put a Nick in your blade. I use a squeegie that I use for sills if I have any doubts about the lead.

Just beware of any bits of lead sticking up cos if you catch them with cloth they can lift then look a right mess as they cannot be straightened easily                                                                                                                                                                                                         ​

lead   :1f622:  not good on realy hot days and not good on damp days buff buff buff is the only way  i soap up then squeegee off most of the soap and buff the rest or use a spray and buff with microfiber

Last edited by a moderator:
Small windows or old leaded windows like on a pub, I use damp  fishscale cloth then buff with microfibre

Larger windows do with applicator and squeegie then buff with microfibre. Beware sometimes there are small tears in the lead that can put a Nick in your blade. I use a squeegie that I use for sills if I have any doubts about the lead.
Same here, applicator, my 6inch squeegee,then buff.

Back