Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner back pack wire disconeced HELP plz

Dragbag

My backpack has been playing up today only worked on full power! both the **** and the switch on not working

it will only run any full power,I have taken the bottom off and discovered a wire has come loose but I don't know from where?

IMG_0171.JPG

Just a guess is it to the pump . Backpacks great whilst there working when mine packed up brought a new variable controller but think they had changed wiring colours so connected wrong then Gardiners said it might be switch in the end brought a new backpack . Typical the same as mine wires too short so get nipped .

Pumps working ...it's the red switch only works on full, and the variable controller is not working at all

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

Have just spoken to them and they said they should be too Redwire is going to the battery one from the variable controller which is disconnected but just touching the cable to the battery it doesn't seem to be working

Have just spoken to them and they said they should be too wires going to the battery terminal one from the variable controller so I have connected it's not solderd it and it's still not working?

Strange that all the wires are soldered apart from one that is disconnected almost as if its never been connected .when it stopped working was there a loud pop just wondering if controller has given up the ghost and wire got disconnected as you took base off seeing as wires are too short .

No pop ..i'm connecting the red wire to the battery and trying to charge it but the voltmeter is not even coming on with two red wires going to the battery

Hi Dragbag

If you have re-connected the red wire to the battery terminal and the flow controller is still not working (have I surmised correctly from your above posts?) then it would appear that the broken connection has blown the flow controller.

This will need a new flow controller fitting to rectify. You will need to contact our Customer Service Team on 01726 66400 so that we can arrange with you to have the backpack returned so that we can sort all of these issues out for you - alternatively if you need the backpack in a hurry we can arrange to send out a replacement flow controller and connectors for you to replace.

I will let the Customer Service team know that someone call DragBag will be calling - please quote your forum name so that they know this is the same issue that I will instruct them on.

The exact same problem has just started on my Gardiner back pack this afternoon , iv got the v3 , brought start of may ,only works on full power , flow control appears to of Packed in   

thanks alex.... im not one for rewiring things and i need a backpack asap, so have ordered anther one !! i will just cannibalize the old one for the pump or battery if i need to in the future. lasted a few days over 1 year....

ps the fuse did not blow!!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks alex.... im not one for rewiring things and i need a backpack asap, so have ordered anther one !! i will just cannibalize the old one for the pump or battery if i need to in the future. lasted a few days over 1 year....
Didn't think it looked that old! It was very clean and new looking inside on your photo :1f603:

You could always just replace the flow controller and have a complete spare backpack.

The exact same problem has just started on my Gardiner back pack this afternoon , iv got the v3 , brought start of may ,only works on full power , flow control appears to of Packed in   
First thing to do is to remove the base (6 screws) and the battery tray (4 screws) and look carefully for any broken wires.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't think it looked that old! It was very clean and new looking inside on your photo :1f603:

You could always just replace the flow controller and have a complete spare backpack.

its the flow controller and the red power switch,  only works on the 2 setting ( max power)

i connected the red wire to the battery, and tried to charge it to, but no lights came on on the voltmeter!!

so i don't know why that should be  

First thing to do is to remove the base (6 screws) and the battery tray (4 screws) and look carefully for any broken wires.

7 minutes ago, Alex Gardiner said:First thing to do is to remove the base (6 screws) and the battery tray (4 screws) and look carefully for any broken wires.
That's great thanks for the advise , I got 2 back backs at the same time so I'd always have a backup if something went wrong , will open it up tonight and see if it's anything obviously broke , if not will it just be the case of ordering a new flow control ? 

That's great thanks for the advise , I got 2 back backs at the same time so I'd always have a backup if something went wrong , will open it up tonight and see if it's anything obviously broke , if not will it just be the case of ordering a new flow control ? 
Correct - if no broken wires then it would need a new flow controller.

its the flow controller and the red power switch,  only works on the 2 setting ( max power)

i connected the red wire to the battery, and tried to charge it to, but no lights came on on the voltmeter!!

so i don't know why that should be  
The on/off switch is probably OK

Not sure why the voltmeter has been affected though.

Latest Posts

Back