Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is it cheaper to get a printer and print your own marketing stuff?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Amazin

I don't have a printer at the moment but last time I paid £15 for 100 A4 sized sheets, each sheet is printed with 4 flyers for telling custies that I just cleaned their windows. The £5 is just for cutting them into 4. I'm aware that you can get great deal from vistaprint and they're great

I print my "windows cleaned today" slips on a printer.

I bought 500ml of black ink off eBay for about a fiver. Given that a cartridge holds about 5ml and lasts about a month I think I might be ok for ink for the next 10 years lol.

I also use my printer to print out George worksheets along with debt letters and new customer information sheets etc.

I print my own tickets, flyers, business cards, notes etc at home. Paper costs 4 or 5 quid for 500 sheets. I use remanufactured ink cartridges that cost £6 for 2 extra capacity black and colour cartridges. The finished result looks good and doesn't take long. The key to making them look neat and being quick though is buying a very good guillotine.

Vistaprint for my flyers and business cards on outset,Now if want a advertisement in shop window etc, print myself, also print my own "Cleaned today" slips.

I thought of going the DIY route, but ordered some business cards in plastic on eBay. They are awesome as you can handle them in wet weather without them falling apart. Worth the money in my opinion.

I'd rather work for an extra 20 minutes and pay someone to print for me, than doing it myself and spending hours on it. But hey, you decide your battles and where you want to save.

I thought of going the DIY route, but ordered some business cards in plastic on eBay. They are awesome as you can handle them in wet weather without them falling apart. Worth the money in my opinion.

I'd rather work for an extra 20 minutes and pay someone to print for me, than doing it myself and spending hours on it. But hey, you decide your battles and where you want to save.
very good point, I tried to learn coding in the paste but it was not my cup of tea. sometimes its better to get someone else to do it but don't get ripped off

If it's taking you hours to print something then there's Sumert not right.

It probably takes 1 minute to put some paper in the printer, open the file and press print. 

Window cleaners clean windows and printers print . Not rocket science

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yeah but wfp window cleaners also do plumbing, electronics, joinery/fabrication, waterproofing etc. So were a diversely skilled bunch :) and a bit of printing is almost as easy to do as designing and ordering it online. Unless we're talking massive quantity's of course.

Yeah but wfp window cleaners also do plumbing, electronics, joinery/fabrication, waterproofing etc. So were a diversely skilled bunch :) and a bit of printing is almost as easy to do as designing and ordering it online. Unless we're talking massive quantity's of course.
You might be, but anything more then pressing the up and down button I have to make a call  :1f602:

Last edited by a moderator:
I print all my own flyers.  I lease a laser printer and pay per print made.  A4 flyers cost me about $0.05 (printed both sides in B&W).  The lowest cost I can find from a printer is about $0.12 PLUS GST (VAT).  The cost includes the lease payment.

I print a lot of flyers so it is well worthwhile for me.  I wouldn't use an inkjet printer as the ink will run if it gets wet.

Just my experience.

Back