Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Domestos/ Tesco thick bleach sodium hypochlorite content

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Brandon

Evening all.

I've got a big house to clean. The guy wants all the algae and muck cleaned off the walls.

9862b5296b303b7234686002237ec31b.jpg

This is a test patch I did using a Gardiner super lite medium mixed brush, half a bucket of water, a good glug of Tesco thick bleach and a little squirt of fairy to help it stick to the wall while I left it to work in. I left it for about 10 minutes after agitating it with the brush.

It took roughly 2/3 coats before it looked acceptable.

I noticed the thicker crud would not budge unless I used a really stiff broom to agitate then rinse.

My question is about the bleach really. Tesco thick bleach and Domestos bleach both quote in the ingredients that there's 4.5 grams of Sodium Hypochlorite per 100 grams.

The bottles have 2 litres of bleach in them, does the same conversion of 1 litre of water = 1 kg apply to bleach also?

If that is the case then that would the strength of the bleach be compared to straight up 15% sodium hypochlorite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evening all.

I've got a big house to clean. The guy wants all the algae and muck cleaned off the walls.

This is a test patch I did using a Gardiner super lite medium mixed brush, half a bucket of water, a good glug of Tesco thick bleach and a little squirt of fairy to help it stick to the wall while I left it to work in. I left it for about 10 minutes after agitating it with the brush.

It took roughly 2/3 coats before it looked acceptable.

I noticed the thicker crud would not budge unless I used a really stiff broom to agitate then rinse.

My question is about the bleach really. Tesco thick bleach and Domestos bleach both quote in the ingredients that there's 4.5 grams of Sodium Hypochlorite per 100 grams.

The bottles have 2 litres of bleach in them, does the same conversion of 1 litre of water = 1 kg apply to bleach also?

If that is the case then that would the strength of the bleach be compared to straight up 15% sodium hypochlorite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
its simple, strength is 4.5% if used neat. I have used bleach on my walls before, I just applied generously, scrubbed in with stiff broom, and just left it and let is rinse off in the rain, worked a treat, although it wasn't that bad.

The number on the bottle will be the maximum % not the current %. It does deteriorate over time and in the sun/heat etc.

bleach is slightly heavier than water by about 11%

Latest Posts

Back