Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Phoenix neon

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ragnar

Hi guys, been off the forum forma while as ideas concentrating on business and my new addition to my family. The time has come for me to get a new pole, and while everyone will say gardeners, id like something different. Currently I have the Phoenix hybrid, so do go for the Phoenix neon or another recommended brand?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi guys, been off the forum forma while as ideas concentrating on business and my new addition to my family. The time has come for me to get a new pole, and while everyone will say gardeners, id like something different. Currently I have the Phoenix hybrid, so do go for the Phoenix neon or another recommended brand?

water genie viper is a good choice, I have the hybrid (barracuda), getting one once I have the spare cash, and a lot cheaper then the neon

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the show to specifically test the neon and compare it to the gardiner Xtreme and ultimate (as I assumed it would lye somewhere between them). Really liked the feel of the neon and also the clamps were nice to use - and particularly less clumpy than the older version. In all honesty it looked like the sections were made in the same factory as the gardiner slx, this obviously isn't the case as it was a lot stiffer and lighter than an slx. I wished I'd have brought one to be fair (it was the 40ft) as it was on offer for around £700 I was told, instead of just over £1k.
On the flip side - grippatank who were supposedly flying the flag for gardiner were a waste of time. I got to the show at 11o'clock and they had no stock of either the Xtreme or Ultimate, they weren't going to contemplate any offers on them and just said they could order me one if I wanted them to take my details. Don't get me wrong I think gardiner stuff is awesome, customer service is second to none - but the lack of presence at an
event like this is a massive disappointment. I wasted 3 hours going to the show with the expectation that they would have at least demo poles on display with the option to order - Every other big name was present and to be fair facelift have got my vote in future. Anyway - sorry - mini rant over, the neon looked the nuts but when I tried to find info on it before the show I really struggled.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

the only thing that puts me off the neon is the clamps because they dont have much adjustment in them there realy nice to use but the facelift poles just dont last my old pheonix x lasted 8 months till the number 1 and 2 were shot

the only thing that puts me off the neon is the clamps because they dont have much adjustment in them there realy nice to use but the facelift poles just dont last my old pheonix x lasted 8 months till the number 1 and 2 were shot

This seems to be a comment voiced quite often by different users.

The only other thing I noted about the other poles I looked at - especially the longer ones - was that the published collapsed length of the gardiner poles is much less, I'd get a 45ft Ultimate or extreme in my van whereas the facelift/ionicsystems/tucker all seemed taller - and as a short 4rse if find it a pain to extend them

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

every time ive strayed from gardners ive regeted it pheonix x now xline wouldent buy eather again but ide have a slx again but ill probly just get a extreme next i think and replace sections when needed if i hadent of had the pheonix then ide have defo considerd the neon lee at bladerite tauntion said he sells lots of facelift poles and rates them highly he said the neon is a stunning pole in the hand replacment sections are £120 a peace ish , but to be fair he was guna stock gardners poles but alex wanted him to just stock his poles and no other makes for some resion so lee declined his offer as he like to have options i think alex got a bit greedy there and lost out but ha ho  lee is a well respected chap who has a big following as he fits systems ect and nuffing is to much trouble 

every time ive strayed from gardners ive regeted it pheonix x now xline wouldent buy eather again but ide have a slx again but ill probly just get a extreme next i think and replace sections when needed if i hadent of had the pheonix then ide have defo considerd the neon lee at bladerite tauntion said he sells lots of facelift poles and rates them highly he said the neon is a stunning pole in the hand replacment sections are £120 a peace ish , but to be fair he was guna stock gardners poles but alex wanted him to just stock his poles and no other makes for some resion so lee declined his offer as he like to have options i think alex got a bit greedy there and lost out but ha ho  lee is a well respected chap who has a big following as he fits systems ect and nuffing is to much trouble 
Phoenix and Phoenix neon are the same company?

yes there the same company same clamps just the neon has liter carbon tubes and will probly were out quicker than the pheonix x 

Ahh ok, I understand now, all what has been said puts everything into prospective now.

only poles I haven't heard about problems with in Gardiners or water genie. From what I've seen & heard (mate uses gardiner poles and I use water genie) there's next to no difference in quality, just Gardiners clamps are slightly better, and water genie poles are cheaper and slightly lighter @Green Pro Clean Ltd uses both so can do a direct comparison better then me, and if im not mistaken recommends both.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was looking at the facelift edge poles but after a chat with lee at bladeright he said they have issues with the clamp bolts on them so gardners seem to leed the way on qualty closly folloed buy the viper poles persnly i did not like the clamp lever on the viper cos it spinns round in cercles  but green said u can titen them so they dont spinn round as ive not tryed this on my m8s pole i cant say for shore tho ,i was also looking at the virotech poles now they have some realy nice gear now ill have to pop over and do a comparson with my xline to see how they are 

i was looking at the facelift edge poles but after a chat with lee at bladeright he said they have issues with the clamp bolts on them so gardners seem to leed the way on qualty closly folloed buy the viper poles persnly i did not like the clamp lever on the viper cos it spinns round in cercles  but green said u can titen them so they dont spinn round as ive not tryed this on my m8s pole i cant say for shore tho ,i was also looking at the virotech poles now they have some realy nice gear now ill have to pop over and do a comparson with my xline to see how they are 
you can on the water genie poles, I had the same issues for the first couple times until I tightened then, since then no problem's.

Back