Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is this coni roof safe to walk on?

Personally I wouldn't walk on any conservatory roof! Not worth it just for a clean window!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

That would be safe if built correctly as it has to be to a certain standard but who knows who built it or what corners they cut

I grew up with a roofer and know that if built right i would stand on that bit but nobody knows how structurally safe that one is until you stand on it

looks safe to me climb up and crack on there is a huge flat area to stand on i bet that would only take 15 minits tops to clean so price what you think its worth  :1f44d:  p.s if your werryed just print off a waver and get them to sign it that way if it does start leaking or falls down your not responceble 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible to do it all from a ladder, from top of ladder just extend wfp a few metres.  Do it either side. It wouldn't be as thorough as being right up next to it but I can say I tried, and no injuries.  

Scaffold planks to spread weight!   If I do fall through, it's not a massive drop and with your reactions u would grab something surely?   

Wish I had not taken it on now for £30 lol

looks safe to me climb up and crack on there is a huge flat area to stand on i bet that would only take 15 minits tops to clean so price what you think its worth  :1f44d:  p.s if your werryed just print off a waver and get them to sign it that way if it does start leaking or falls down your not responceble 

U got an example of one of these waivers? 

Those flat areas either side are ideal to stand on for access cleaning the glass panels. Will make it a lot quicker and easier than ladders. The main risk is from stepping backwards off the roof I'd say. There is a small chance you could damage the seal around the edge if it's built badly but don't forget ladders aren't risk free either.

Also if you do it make sure your insurance covers you on roofs. Some don’t. Personally I wouldn’t walk on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

remember guys 

you canny clean windows in a wheel chair!!!

not worth the chance move on 
I do one conny roof where i can stand on glass, but it just feels weird. I just stand on bars and not glass. But saying that I am sitting on their tiled roof with feet on bars. Just don't trust it.

Back