Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Misconceptions

El Sombrero

I've been asked twice over the past week if I'm a 'proper' window cleaner or do I use a brush on a stick! Second person was also looking for a 'proper' window cleaner and not just someone who squirts water at windows! :1f602:  Anyone else experience this sort of thing?

we use both trad and WFP what ever method is we use

all this nonsense of wfp just is crazy

wfp quick safe convient more money making opportunity

trad insides shops quick ,master it with wfp and your covering everthing

I get it now and again, I just say it gives them more privacy and is a lot safer. I still do a lot of trad work, but 99% of new custys are all wfp. They both are good as each other, and there is a time and a place for both. I'll happily do either all day, but given a choice ill wfp houses and trad shops and bungalows. It's a common misconception that trad is better, even among trad windys, but that's due to trad being around for a lot longer, and the fact that results are instant as there is no drying time.

I used to years ago as I was the only one in my area but now their are few other lads so its become more of the norm, Even with the old folks who don't want trad as they prefer wfp because frames and doors get cleaned.

I'm finding a few customers who have had a bad experience with previous wfp cleaners. If you do it right, check your work before leaving then you should be ok. I like to explain to customers how it works and show them the kit in the van etc. 

always check your work I do this all the time when collecting

quick look when you chapping doors

if you have problem windows always worth a buthers to make sure its drying gd

dont be a clever arxe and think everything is perfect

I'm finding a few customers who have had a bad experience with previous wfp cleaners. If you do it right, check your work before leaving then you should be ok. I like to explain to customers how it works and show them the kit in the van etc. 
That's my most common objection to wfp- that they've had a bad one before and blame it on the system. My friend (window cleaner btw) lived in a block of flats and a company was paid by building manager to do the whole block and the windows were honestly worse looking after they'd been. They just wet them and swirled the muck about a bit. No more than a few seconds on each pane. Some think a wfp is a ticket to an easy life and means just putting no effort in. Custys who've had windys like that before take some convincing. I just tell them if they're not happy with the results I'll refund them. Never had someone not happy with it after.

Just ask who is going to pay your wages if you fall off ladder and break a leg . If they still don't want it so be it find someone else very rare I put ladders on van ( 2 jobs Monday that I need ladder both need to access flat roofs so do whole house with ladder) .

I'd practiced a lot on my own and mates gaff before kicking off, I was still anxious that I'd end up making a mess of customers windows, but I've taken my time with jobs and been thorough - probably a bit too thorough! The feedback I've had so far has been fantastic, even from customers who have only ever had a trad cleaner have been impressed with the results. It's purely down to the operator, I've only been in the game a short while and I've already seen poor workmanship from windies using both methods.

I'd practiced a lot on my own and mates gaff before kicking off, I was still anxious that I'd end up making a mess of customers windows, but I've taken my time with jobs and been thorough - probably a bit too thorough! The feedback I've had so far has been fantastic, even from customers who have only ever had a trad cleaner have been impressed with the results. It's purely down to the operator, I've only been in the game a short while and I've already seen poor workmanship from windies using both methods.
Some guys are still using leather and scrim, proper trad, think mop and squeegee are black magic [emoji16]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Normally I take it on the chin and explain how it works and no problems. One occasion though a particularly snobby "Nick head" said oh I only want someone who does it properly to which i replied ah your one of those who would rather they still use a spade to dig up the roads rather than a digger because to you that's modern technology. His face was a picture. I capped it off by saying I can't stay any longer cos I have a great list of customers to see who want quotes for work the way I do it. 

Funny thing is I do his neighbours and his Windows are still filthy ?

Back