Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder mitts...anybody used them on the bottom of ladder whenever feet needing replaced?

There designed for the top. I wouldn't play about with your safety. £100 for a brand new ladder or 6 months off with a broken leg.

There designed for the top. I wouldn't play about with your safety. £100 for a brand new ladder or 6 months off with a broken leg.
No way jose!!!! ladder trims can be got for less than a tenner. Being up a ladder and not being absolutely sure of your safety  means do not go up the ladder.

No lads it's a general question,as I haven't been using ladder trims for a load of years now and I had a look at theses and I think a read somewhere that they can be used on the bottom as well...The problem with proper ladder trims (that I used to replace when I first started out fifteen years ago) is that they screw on and they come loose all the time and move a bit when going up and down ladder,making you free unsafe! At least when there off you know were your standing and the ladders not going to move "ie" feet...
Am move safely caution at what angle my ladder is at and what feet wear am wearing!!

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

No lads it's a general question,as I haven't been using ladder trims for a load of years now and I had a look at theses and I think a read somewhere that they can be used on the bottom as well...The problem with proper ladder trims (that I used to replace when I first started out fifteen years ago) is that they screw on and they come loose all the time and move a bit when going up and down ladder,making you free unsafe! At least when there off you know were your standing and the ladders not going to move "ie" feet...
Am move safely caution at what angle my ladder is at and what feet wear am wearing!!

So you mean you have been using ladders without the end stops I'll call them so bare metal on paving ?

Yeah iron Giant bare metal on paving ,never had any problems like that and am climbing on and off roofs all the time..not really a fan of those replacement trims as like I said they move as there only screwed on..

Yeah always thought that..If you look at it like this
..have your ladder at a angle and try scraping it along pavement bare metal style it would be tough..do it with them plastic trims and it will slide along nicely lol.......
The reason I put this post up regarding "ladders mitts"is that it's coming to winter time again and some grassy gardens with all the rain some are softer than others and sometimes the ladder can sink in to the grass a bit and I was thinking of improviseing to stop this from happening

id get new ladder, one of by ladders feet is starting to look a bit worse for wear, im just gonna replace ladder very soon, not worth the risk

..have your ladder at a angle and try scraping it along pavement bare metal style it would be tough..do it with them plastic trims and it will slide along nicely lol.......
The reason I put this post up regarding "ladders mitts"is that it's coming to winter time again and some grassy gardens with all the rain some are softer than others and sometimes the ladder can sink in to the grass a bit and I was thinking of improviseing to stop this from happening

digging into grass is probably safer, once its sunk in as far as it will. Once its dug in it is almost impossible for it to slide. Then I either kick the surrounding soil to cover it or fill it in, depending on how well maintained the garden is

digging into grass is probably safer, once its sunk in as far as it will. Once its dug in it is almost impossible for it to slide. Then I either kick the surrounding soil to cover it or fill it in, depending on how well maintained the garden is

I used these after my fall whilst trad great on paving etc, Then I had a piece of thick plywood with loads nails hammered through to use as as a spike board on lawns prevents making holes in clients lawns if not using feet.

feet.jpg

Back