• Don't want to see this ad? Register and login to remove it.

I left my ibc and algae was there within a week! I wasn't expecting it to grow so fast!!! I cleaned it out again and cladded it this time around as I had some pallets laying about and had some free time on Sunday. I've set up another IBC on the other side of the roof and I'm going to connect the original ibc to two other tanks in tandem and this time I'll use tarp, the set up looks good jdp, how much was the roll from screwfix? I've already had over 900 litres of water in the first week and we've only had a couple of heavy downpour days! I'm using a sock on the end of the downpipe now as Dave B suggested and it works great! Cheers for all the advice guys really appreciate it.

14 hours ago, T2000 said:

I left my ibc and algae was there within a week! I wasn't expecting it to grow so fast!!! I cleaned it out again and cladded it this time around as I had some pallets laying about and had some free time on Sunday. I've set up another IBC on the other side of the roof and I'm going to connect the original ibc to two other tanks in tandem and this time I'll use tarp, the set up looks good jdp, how much was the roll from screwfix? I've already had over 900 litres of water in the first week and we've only had a couple of heavy downpour days! I'm using a sock on the end of the downpipe now as Dave B suggested and it works great! Cheers for all the advice guys really appreciate it.

Hi T2000,  heres a link for screwfix....  https://www.screwfix.com/c/building-joinery/damp-proofing/cat850236?cm_sp=managedredirect-_-building-_-dampproofmembrane

its quite expensive, but good plastic, last for few years,  plus i think it looks neater , wrap the bottom aswell, and any pipes going into the tank,  if you do deside to do it this way, have fun,  it is awkward, hers another link if you want to watch.   cheers  jdp

: )