Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure water killing customers plants??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave85

Hi guys 

Just wondering if anybody has ever had customers compaining that your pure water has killed/damaged there plants when it has splashed onto them? 

I had a  new customer who claimed my water had damaged his shrubs under his windows however i have never had this happen previously.

I always said no chance but I had a customer ring us up as they use pure in Hydroponics and he was having issues with the Ph levels in water. This has an impact in plants so may or may not be correct as some cheap resins will be very acidic

I've never had this said to me but oddly I have had one or two older folk ask me to water their plant's whilst I'm 'at it' as they say.  I suppose however, it could happen depending on the shrubs/plants involved.  Some plants don't like being watered in direct sunlight.

I always said no chance but I had a customer ring us up as they use pure in Hydroponics and he was having issues with the Ph levels in water. This has an impact in plants so may or may not be correct as some cheap resins will be very acidic

I've never had an issue. Over the years we have monitored plants under some of the windows we regularily use Jif cream cleaner on. A couple of bay windows we do come to mind.

But we have always used Tulsion MB115 from a reputable supplier - you.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive never had a issue with plants ect with pure ive tryed nearly every resin and no issue could be a funny custmer or there could be the ph issue doug  said !!!

plants need nutrients to survive and thrive, feeding plants tap water helps with this process as it has "nutrients" in such as calcium, magnesium etc. etc.

if your feeding plants purified water you are basically washing out the nutrients which is obviously detrimental to the plant.

pure water is also known as "hungry" water so this may also soak up and absorb some of the nutrients that are present in the soil surrounding the plants and wash them away also.

This is why some people advise not to drink pure water as the same thing can happen in humans causing mineral deficiencies, although some people say its fine to do so.

I would say its possibility you could harm a plant by exposing it pure water , but only once a month???? who knows.

Depending on the local pollution and atmospheric conditions rain water is almost pure anyway. Pure water is ph7 neutral. Rain could be slightly acidic but not by much. The amount of water the plants get from your window cleaning is minimal compared to the amount of rain and as they are so similar anyway. I imagine if someone has issues with plants dying then its probably something else and blaming you.

I dont supposed you ubiked it first did ya? I don't know about plants but i got ubik on grass once, strong mix too - killed it straight

Back