Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter hoover carbon poles flapping around

WCF

Help Support WCF:

baguley's cleaning service

Does anyone else's gutter hoover pipes say 5 lengths and above become nearly impossible to control when trying to clean townhouse gutters...to the point of wanting to throw it over the fence and get the ladders out...lol

Looked bloody terrible in front of neighbours homes..didnt help the crappy gutter brackets every metre catching the end...aarrghh

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I used 5 carbon ones for the first time last Friday, don't normally bother with anything over four but gave it a go....it was hard work but not a problem as such...would not want to use more than five though.

I actually use a WFP with a fabricated bracket that holds the hose. It is heavier than the carbon fibre poles but a lot more sturdy and quicker to change heights.
Can you tell me any more? I've been thinking could I just buy 25 m vacuum hose and clip it to top of slx with a 135 degree bend to get it up to gutters? 

Was going to do these bad boys...but no access at back except for ladder and crazy poles...did one of these last night with just a bit of dirt and that was a mission,Never mind half a meadow built up of 5 years...

Best to get a scraper first and loosen them, then suck them up and lift them out in sections. Hard heavy work but doable with the right gear.

Wow..clever, just wonder about the weight issue at 8+mtrs and control.and shoulder ache..lol
emoji6.png

Can go over 40', majority straight lifts and whilst heavy doable. Its when you have to go at an angle,  :delusional: This is one of the few times it helps being 6'5 and 20+ stone 

Back