Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cheap but decent quality pole?

doce

Looking to increase the range of my pretty basic limited services with an affordable pole if I can find one - though most of them seem to be out of my reach, price wise.  I'd like to be able to get at some of the windows and solar panels that punters can't reach themselves, and that are currently difficult for me.

Can't afford too much and plan just to use outside taps rather than carry my own supply.

Any recommendations for reasonably priced poles please?  And can I just connect them up to ordinary Hoselock fittings and garden taps?

I started out with a cheap facelift aluminium pole, worked fine when I took off the bottom section to make it a lot less heavier. 

You do know you have to process/filter the water before you can use it for window cleaning, right?

Thanks. Showing my ignorance. Is it essential to filter the water? I'm just doing basic stuff for quite low prices where people can't afford much. I just want basic kit that I can connect to ordinary garden hose but won't fall apart after a few uses.

tbh depending on where you live and area you cover tap water could leave them just as dirty after cleaning only thing you would be able to do is keep the green off the frames.

As regarding pole I think the clx range from gardeners pole systems is good value and they also sell a range of fittings that could be made in to a tap system.

If your trad surely precision pole work done to the best of you ability would be better then wfp with tap water.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

No disrespect but your totally clueless [emoji28], We all use water which has gone through a filtration system to make it 100% pure water removing all impurities, You could potentially pay £100's just for a filtration system. Ordinary tap water can't be used at all the windows would dry an absolute mess.

Look on youtube at @Trad-Man ,  polzn bladz and Christopher Dawber vids and learn how to clean with a squeegee on a long pole 

I did it for a long while before going wfp and it can be a very effective way to clean at height but don't use tapwater on windows or you will end up with spots everywhere

Looking to increase the range of my pretty basic limited services with an affordable pole if I can find one - though most of them seem to be out of my reach, price wise.  I'd like to be able to get at some of the windows and solar panels that punters can't reach themselves, and that are currently difficult for me.

Can't afford too much and plan just to use outside taps rather than carry my own supply.

Any recommendations for reasonably priced poles please?  And can I just connect them up to ordinary Hoselock fittings and garden taps?

@Trad-Man i first started with an unger 0° swiveloc squeegee and seperate applicator which is very effective as long as it is not in full sun and drying while i swapped tools

Then went wagtail after speaking with Chris (wagga)

Then went full on excelerator when i got my test version from Moërman 

My point being it is not hard to learn so go for it and bin the tapwater wfp idea unless using it for fascias etc

I used a £9 b&q trad pole to start with, with an old brass u get channel doing straight pulls on shop fronts, the putting scrim on pole to detail. Then got exelerator, found out the b&q angle adaptor from my trad pole fits perfectly on my wfp, and now can trad pole 90% of windows. Took a couple months with exelerator to get completely comfortable with it. I'd bin the wfp idea for now, get ladders, and get tradding :2_thumbs_up_-_animated:

Thanks guys - duly told off!  It is very soft water round here though, so streakings not the problem it is elsewhere. 

Maybe a decent trad pole is the answer though - as suggested.

Thanks guys - duly told off!  It is very soft water round here though, so streakings not the problem it is elsewhere. 

Maybe a decent trad pole is the answer though - as suggested.

You would still need to filter the water through a di vessel otherwise the windows would still dry a mess, I live in a soft water also and water still has to be processed to get it down to 000 ppm to ensure a spotless finish.

seems to me like you are trying to cut corners and do a cheap job to customers who want to pay a cheap price - its a viscious circle you will end up stuck in.

If you cant afford wfp stick to trad and concentrate on building your work and prices first, then invest in better gear, and on and on it goes..

If there is somewhere near  that sells pure water you can set up properly for not that much. I started with a gardiner pole about £200 notes at the time. A Gardiner backpack which was about £90 then a load of free 25L containers from local car wash. That's in its basic form all you need to start wfp. No need to cut corners and its paid for itself quickly. 

A cheap pole will only last so long... I started the same and feel I wasted money buying a cheap pole then moved to hybrid and then carbon pole... If you must get a 25 foot cheap pole for a year and then go straight to carbon

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back