Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grippatank hot water

No idea about the GrippaTank system, but I use a gas heater and keep the water warm, not hot.

2 reasons for this:

firstly, I don't want to crack any glass (thermal shock)

Secondly, I find that when using hot it can cause problems with connections popping off etc

How hot is the water supposed to get with the one man systems with Grippatank as mine seems to be just warm when it gets to the brush.it seems a lot of money for warm water!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Hi Jonesy, 

The temperature output will depend on what setting the system is set to and also the length of hose / temperature on the ground.

At heater output point (so in the van), it will read as low as 40c if on the low setting, or if on the maximum setting 60-75c depending on which system you have.

Please do call or email the office tomorrow and we can help you increase the heater settings.

When I used a 5.2kw Webasto Thermo Top C diesel heater to heat hot water as an experiement it would only raise the water from 9 degrees (temperature of water in the tank) to 35 degrees at the brush. My usual flow at the brush head with cold water was 1.5lpm. It was much faster with 'hot' water so I could have reduced the flow on my controller to push those temps up a bit.

In summer the figure banted about for use is around 40 degrees and in winter its much less.

Back