Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ADVICE NEEDED

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

Jamie Johnson

I've got my very successful Window cleaning business in my local area now for years and very happy,however I want to try expand the business now to high rise buildings when I say high rise I mean 4/5 floor buildings office blocks etc using maybe scissor lifts or cherry pickers (have experience in both) prefer not to use extension poles etc. 

But I don't know how I would approach this getting my foot through the door as it's not like popping a leaflet through the door?! Any suggestions people? 

I believe you'd have to write big letters out to these companies and address the building manager. 

State about you behind high standard in health and safety and explain the benefits of clean windows for company appearance.

Much appreciated for the reply. How would I address the building manager or would the company do that is it? 

Is this something you currently do yourself and have experience with? 

Quickest way I've done it in the past is google business you,d like target in your area call up and ask to speak with the purchasing manager or ask for his contact details , then I send email across followed by a fone call few days later

Some you win some you lose but your emails on his computer when there tenders are going out :)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

CM cleaning Services thank you very much. In terms of pricing up-obviously I know how to price up large houses even resedential homes etc id be a bit **** if I couldn't but when I'm pricing up superstores,office blocks etc I'm out of my depth! 

Any advice as I don't want to overcharge but then again don't want to cut myself short! I'm assuming your experienced in all this? 

Oh and do you think having a website of your own helps in this area would you say it's essential as they like to know what they're taking on before they try so to speak? 

Okay that's good to know. Do you still work as a WC then or not? 

What type of buildings do/did you do then high rise buildings was it? 

For pricing

Always visit in person
Always allow for the unexpected even if it doesn't happen,
Always keep to your expected day rate price or half day price and include profit margin, fuel cost, chemicals cost, whatever you expect it to cost you to do the job include it in your price working out for your eyes only of course u don't show your customers your pricing strategy

Hope this helps

Yea that's pretty much what I do and have done for years when I do houses etc but with office blocks and 3-4 story buildings I'm new to the whole pricing saga. 

Do you do high rise buildings now? 

sounds like you might be a touch out of your depth. How about contacting some local commmercial window cleaning firms about sub-contracting. That way you get an opportunity to see what it's all about, it's not all easy peasy loads of money as a lot of guys will make out. 

Yea I might do something like that. But I this is exactly why I've joined a forum to get different ideas and tips on this kind of thing as there's most probably a lot of WC's on here that do just this line of work. 

Yes I am still Window cleaning now but just started out with my own company so early building days just getting the residential off the ground at present.

I have done a lot high rise in the past reach and wash , cherry pickers , scissor lifts, abseil and tower baskets and all were a lot of hassle from start to finish but get it right and the financial returns worth it

But that's my experience from past companies and only my opinion.

Would I do it again for myself u might ask ???

Definitely

Brill thank you very much for all your advise. Like I said I'm very happy with my resedential work at the mo but I'm at a point now that I'm ready to expand and ready for the next step in the business. But I wish you all the best with your new business. Trust me it's worth it. 

I'm not in the UK, but I do a lot of commercial, offices, airport etc. All water fed pole up to 15 metre with my gardiners X3 xtreme 47.

It's hard work for sure, until your body gets used to it. But it sometimes pays off more than double that of private housing because I don't spend time traveling and setting up.

Definitely my favorite type of work.

Only from my past experience

I would call the company and ask for the purchasing manager ( if they have one - if not ask who best to speak with )

Once I had a name said person gets an email like below

Dear sir / madame (name if u can get one)

Our company ..................would like to enquire about the external window cleaning service of your building.

We provide external window cleaning to business like yours across the city and would like to offer this service to you.

We can use a variety of methods to carry out and complete our service with minimal disruption to your business day to day running and can accommodate to suit requirements.

A free no obligation quote can be provided should you be of interest.

Look forward to hearing from you

Your signature info

After maybe a week I would then call said person and follow up my email.

Again just how I did it previously

Latest Posts

Back