Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Rain and the Customers....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bart90

Was just wondering how many of you guys have issues with customers in the rain?  I have to say most of my customers are pretty good regardless of weather so I will work in the rain even if heavy so long as I can do the job ok.  I find a lot of jobs it doesn't actually get on the glass too much unless it's windy as well and always looks worse when your sat inside looking out.  When you actually get out there it's not too bad.  

I had a "not if it's tipping it down raining" reply to a text recently.  Got there and the rain wasn't getting on the windows so cleaned them anyway.  I knew this may cause an issue but this customer has messed me around for other reasons in the past so thought it was time to drop anyway.  And they complained so I think it will be a drop.

How do you guys deal with it?

I've seen Trad man do a customer info sheet which i thought was a great idea explaining you work in all weathers except when really wild.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just wondering how many of you guys have issues with customers in the rain?  I have to say most of my customers are pretty good regardless of weather so I will work in the rain even if heavy so long as I can do the job ok.  I find a lot of jobs it doesn't actually get on the glass too much unless it's windy as well and always looks worse when your sat inside looking out.  When you actually get out there it's not too bad.  

I had a "not if it's tipping it down raining" reply to a text recently.  Got there and the rain wasn't getting on the windows so cleaned them anyway.  I knew this may cause an issue but this customer has messed me around for other reasons in the past so thought it was time to drop anyway.  And they complained so I think it will be a drop.

How do you guys deal with it?

I've seen Trad man do a customer info sheet which i thought was a great idea explaining you work in all weathers except when really wild.
I've been doing this for years now and my customers have been "conditioned" for this. So providing it's not torrential (who really likes getting totally drenched anyway) they are used to it.
And new customers will see you clean your existing one's in the rain and will accept it's the norm.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I picked up 3 new customers when cleaning in the rain yesterday - 2 'walk-ups'. As long as it's not running down the walls or bouncing off the sills the jobs good to go - after all I use rain water to clean with!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back