Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterproofing wire splices in tank? Liquid Electrical Tape?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi everyone

I recently bought a bilge pump (from some great advice here) to fill my backpack up quickly and it works a treat, Gardiner pack fills up in about 20 seconds so all good.

However

For some reason bilge pumps seem to come with only about 2 foot of wiring on them. For something designed to be submerged in water this seems ludicrous but whatever. So the issue I have no is that my bilge pump has to essentially float almost a foot off the bottom of the baffled tank in the van so that the wire splices to the battery can safely rest outside the tank. nThis is turn leads to the inability to use the pump during the latter part of the day as the water level in the tank has fallen below the pump. 

So how do I waterproof completely any wiring splices so that the connections can sit inside the tank? I have looked for all kinds of answers and connectors and none seem to be completely waterproof. The closest I have come is this (new to me) liquid electrical tape which sounds like a godsend but don't know anything about it really. 

Anyone used the stuff and think it would be suitable? Other ideas? 

71UOom+oV5L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back