Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Squeegee To Use

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rcproperty

being a wfp bloke and only had a few inside windows to clean now and then, i only got a basic pulex one,

but now just put a quote in for a large contact job for inside and outside of windows, (oustside still be done in wfp)

windows are diffrent sizes from small round porthole type windows to whole wall of windows made of 7ftt high by 5ft wide pains of glass

what ones do you guys use or reccomend?

cheers!

I use the unger 3 star for everything, I find too soft wear too quick and too hard skid too much, middle ground seems the sensible balance. But if you're happy too keep changing a lot, softer is best I think

Sorry, I thought you were on about the rubber!

But you can ct the channel down yourself, just need an hacksaw, and possibly a file

Sorry, I thought you were on about the rubber!

But you can ct the channel down yourself, just need an hacksaw, and possibly a file
thats ok, rubbers are part of it, just wanted to know what tools the trad guys use and what they find good!

thats true about the cutting down, could do that

Tbh rc, I think any unger squeegee will be fine for you, I have an ergotec and one I don't know the name of, basically it's an alloy one wit a rubber grip. Ergotec is better, but they both do the job, angled the same etc it's just that given time the rubber handle will come off and expose your hand to bare metal, which can slip in your hand and be cold in winter, ergotec is moulded plastic. But like you I now only trad a couple hours a week and thus wouldn't be an issue at all, not for some years will the rubber split, so if ones much cheaper tan the other, I'd go with that, as long as you're not going for a Wilkos version, of course!

Get yourself a few 42" unger soft rubbers.

6" 10" 14" channels

You can either use 1 handle and change or splash out and buy 3 handles..

I use the unger egrotec handles ( green, not the ninja ) the stainless steel with rubber handles are just as good, Iv had a couple from 5 years ago, prob worked for 4 years, and rubber handles are fine.

The ninja looks fancy, but have heard its rubbish. I have 5 different brands of squeegees plus a wagtail and would happily lift any of them to use asling as the rubber is good!

I used to regularly drop sqeegys and found that brass channel bends too easily so I got the Unger ergotech stainless ones which are much harder to bend, but there are too many sharp bits on them. :wacko:

Most of the rubbers, Unger, Ettore, Pulex, come out of the same factory. Soft rubber would generally be best, hard is for hot weather, the wagtail stuff isn't bad but I find it still a little hard in cold weather.

In my experience the best rubber is the SPC/Sorbo stuff, have yet to try their sqeegy though.

I used to regularly drop sqeegys and found that brass channel bends too easily so I got the Unger ergotech stainless ones which are much harder to bend, but there are too many sharp bits on them. :wacko:

Most of the rubbers, Unger, Ettore, Pulex, come out of the same factory. Soft rubber would generally be best, hard is for hot weather, the wagtail stuff isn't bad but I find it still a little hard in cold weather.

In my experience the best rubber is the SPC/Sorbo stuff, have yet to try their sqeegy though.
cheers!

the unger ninja is not good at all. The best one I have used is the SPC 4 X 3....it speeded me up no end. Makes trad cleaning a breeze!Loads of interchangable heads as well. You will not be disappointed.

the unger ninja is not good at all. The best one I have used is the SPC 4 X 3....it speeded me up no end. Makes trad cleaning a breeze!Loads of interchangable heads as well. You will not be disappointed.
yer i have heard that alot about them ninja ones!

Back