Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder feet guards

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mike007

Bought a set of ladder feet guards from Scewfix for £11.99 and collected Friday morning and used them on a custies slightly slanting damp lawn.......impressed with them and felt safer up the ladder.Will have to drill two small holes in them though so I can attach them to my belt so always close to hand if needed though. but impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought a set of ladder feet guards from Scewfix for £11.99 and collected Friday morning and used them on a custies slightly slanting damp lawn.......impressed with them and felt safer up the ladder.Will have to drill two small holes in them though so I can attach them to my belt so always close to hand if needed though. but impressed.
I have these too Mike and have found them to be good.  Particularly on decking slotted in between the pieces.  Even my ladder mat will slip on decking but these are great for a more secure foot.  Anything to increase safety!

I have the feet guards too got them cheap too I have the "privilege" of working for screwfix so get everything I can from there most of it is decent quality for the price

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I have these too Mike and have found them to be good.  Particularly on decking slotted in between the pieces.  Even my ladder mat will slip on decking but these are great for a more secure foot.  Anything to increase safety!
Main reason I got was my customers decking....but the housebuilder used cheap stuff and not adequate gap for guards to fit , but great on grass and proper decking....correct Bart about safety...worth any effort.

Does you ever use the ladderm8trix?  I'm tempted to get one as it looks very good....
Never tried, pricey but if it helps safety worth it....have just purchased from ladders online a Laddermat ladder leveller for £18.95 which I hope will also help safety.

Never tried, pricey but if it helps safety worth it....have just purchased from ladders online a Laddermat ladder leveller for £18.95 which I hope will also help safety.
I think a mixture of safety devices and learning to use a trad pole are a good combination for avoiding slips for us tradders!

I think a mixture of safety devices and learning to use a trad pole are a good combination for avoiding slips for us tradders!
Totally agree, practicing with 10inch moerman and flip pad.......coming along fine on own windows, now have to put angle adapter on my pole for proper flexibility in the field

Totally agree, practicing with 10inch moerman and flip pad.......coming along fine on own windows, now have to put angle adapter on my pole for proper flexibility in the field
Same here but just using a pulex combi doing straight pulls atm.  Am going to get the moerman excelerator though, i figure if I practice enough I can go up the ladder even less!  One other thing i religiously do is check the ladder on any questionable surface before i go up.  I literally put some downward pressure on it using a foot or hand. Its amazing how many surfaces are fine dry but on a damp day and it's like Ice.

Main reason I got was my customers decking....but the housebuilder used cheap stuff and not adequate gap for guards to fit , but great on grass and proper decking....correct Bart about safety...worth any effort.
I like the look of those ladder feet guards, good for when the decking planks are parralel to the property, what do you use if the planks are laid the other way?

I like the look of those ladder feet guards, good for when the decking planks are parralel to the property, what do you use if the planks are laid the other way?
I use a ladder safety stopper/mat BUT I ALWAYS check it before going up as even that will slip.  If it fails the check, i look for heavy plant pots in the customers garden to put on top of it.  If that doesn't work, i wouldn't go up and i'd tell the customer why.  Most people are fine when that happens.  It's 1 window, and one job at the end of the day, but if you came off it could be your whole business you lose.... just not worth taking any risks.

I use a ladder safety stopper/mat BUT I ALWAYS check it before going up as even that will slip.  If it fails the check, i look for heavy plant pots in the customers garden to put on top of it.  If that doesn't work, i wouldn't go up and i'd tell the customer why.  Most people are fine when that happens.  It's 1 window, and one job at the end of the day, but if you came off it could be your whole business you lose.... just not worth taking any risks.
Thanks for the info.

I like the look of the LADDERMAT Anti-slip Ladder Leveller Accessory as it can be used on flat ground for both feet of the ladder or sloping ground under 1 foot of the ladder.

If on level ground the Ladderm8rix pro looks really good but not very portable.

For decking and portability the non slip ladder safety guards are ideal.

Purchased Laddermat ladder leveller from ladders on line for £18.95. Contains four rubber mats with nodules for anti slip  that I will use.

Purchased Laddermat ladder leveller from ladders on line for £18.95. Contains four rubber mats with nodules for anti slip  that I will use.
They are LETHAL when wet

One of our ex members had a bad fall due to them and since finding that out i have heard of quite a few other people having the same problem

They are literally just to level a ladder and i only ever used them in conjunction with an ankalad ladder stabiliser so the ladder could not slip

Wet rubber has no grip which is why i use plastic feet only on ladders also

They are LETHAL when wet

One of our ex members had a bad fall due to them and since finding that out i have heard of quite a few other people having the same problem

They are literally just to level a ladder and i only ever used them in conjunction with an ankalad ladder stabiliser so the ladder could not slip

Wet rubber has no grip which is why i use plastic feet only on ladders also
Thanks for advice, really appreciate, will take on board(Ime no hero up a ladder) will incorporate my ladder spurs when use them, Cheers

Back