Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fair Gutter pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

baguley's cleaning service

Hi,so not to kill the market and do myself out of money what would the average charge be for gutter clear, clean and soffits, say a 3 bed semi .. i might as well do a package including window frames gas and electric doors garage door and conservatory optional extra..i was thinking £95 + conservatory maybe 15..? Many thanks

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

£15 for a conny roof! If you want you can do conny roofs for me for £15, as I charge over 3x that much, not gonna disclose exactly how much, but I get 90% of jobs quoted. A certain national company charge 5-600 for them to do it. As for gutters, not a million miles off.

Charge what your happy with - I don't think you will 'destabilise' the market! you'll just be joining the pub money gang and doing yourself out of a fair days pay. Conny wise I charge between £5-10 per panel, gutters £10-15 for every 3 gutter brackets for a clean and clear. Think I'm pretty average for my area

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Just starting out having spent near enough 20k to look as pro as possible I need to charge accordingly. I like the term Pub Money Gang..lol but yes there no competition.
Funny you say that as I was cold calling the other day I spoke to a nice family with a young lad on drive with a tiny pressure washer telling me I was out of order nicking his work....i said are you doing gutters and he said yes everything... he'd arrived on his scooter apparently.. lol
I love a tryer..

Just starting out having spent near enough 20k to look as pro as possible I need to charge accordingly. I like the term Pub Money Gang..lol but yes there no competition.
Funny you say that as I was cold calling the other day I spoke to a nice family with a young lad on drive with a tiny pressure washer telling me I was out of order nicking his work....i said are you doing gutters and he said yes everything... he'd arrived on his scooter apparently.. lol
I love a tryer..

when I started out, I charged £20 a side in and out off a ladder with a bucket & cloth, and once I got my backpack and pole £40 for a conny roof. It's a starting point to go from. Connys come in all shapes and sizes, do id never do it a a fixed rate. I've done conny roofs based on number of panels priced between £30 for a simple lean to & £200 for a huge 4 sided roof, charge by panel, and add a few quid on top for good measure. Gutters I now charge 20-35 a side depending on how bad, and a bit less a side for any additional low level gutters (say 2 full lengths on one side, one at roof height and one above the ground floor windows, both not too bad would be 20 for top strip, 15 for bottom). As you do more you price will change once you spot problem area which are awkward as you quote so again, each job will be different. Also if your in an affluent area, unlike me, you can charge more again.

If I seemed harsh earlier I apologise, just shocked at £15!

Minimum 7 quid a panel and minimum 70 quid for a conny roof no matter how small for me

when I started out, I charged £20 a side in and out off a ladder with a bucket & cloth, and once I got my backpack and pole £40 for a conny roof. It's a starting point to go from. Connys come in all shapes and sizes, do id never do it a a fixed rate. I've done conny roofs based on number of panels priced between £30 for a simple lean to & £200 for a huge 4 sided roof, charge by panel, and add a few quid on top for good measure. Gutters I now charge 20-35 a side depending on how bad, and a bit less a side for any additional low level gutters (say 2 full lengths on one side, one at roof height and one above the ground floor windows, both not too bad would be 20 for top strip, 15 for bottom). As you do more you price will change once you spot problem area which are awkward as you quote so again, each job will be different. Also if your in an affluent area, unlike me, you can charge more again.

If I seemed harsh earlier I apologise, just shocked at £15!
Believe it or not i have over the last 12 months done conservatory cleans (in and out including magic sponging the upvc) for anything from £600 to the most expensive £950

Good day or 2 of work per job but still less than half the quoted price from Thomas Sanderson 

Never sell yourself short on these add on jobs or you may as well just be on the windows all day

They were done with 2 people though

Those sort of jobs aren't a 1 man job as they take so long

Once conny ladders and magic sponges are involved it takes ages

Basically everything scrubbed and cleaned by hand to a spotless standard and then re cleaned wfp on the outside

Even all the window and door shuts spotless

One of those a day would be good lol

Although i stick to just windows nowadays unless it's for an existing window customer

Last edited by a moderator:
have you worked out what your minimum hourly rate required is?

do you know how much you need to earn to live the lifestyle you want to live is? ex price of mortgage on the house you would like to live in? life insurance?, how many hols per year? eating out? clothes? car? etc etc.

first you work that out then you divide it by the number of hours you wish to work, so Monday to Thursday 9:30-2:30 with a 1 hr break is16 hours per week for me! then l would like to work 48 weeks so that is 768 hours per year.

divide the yearly cost of your ideal lifestyle by the amount of ideal yearly hours you would like to put in and there is your ideal hourly rate!

set it as a goal and crack on until your there!

have you worked out what your minimum hourly rate required is?

do you know how much you need to earn to live the lifestyle you want to live is? ex price of mortgage on the house you would like to live in? life insurance?, how many hols per year? eating out? clothes? car? etc etc.

first you work that out then you divide it by the number of hours you wish to work, so Monday to Thursday 9:30-2:30 with a 1 hr break is16 hours per week for me! then l would like to work 48 weeks so that is 768 hours per year.

divide the yearly cost of your ideal lifestyle by the amount of ideal yearly hours you would like to put in and there is your ideal hourly rate!

set it as a goal and crack on until your there!
16 hours per week!!

I do a minimum 35

That x my hourly rate is a good wedge

More than double that of 16 hours

Unless you have other jobs why would you work 16 hours

I mean.... why would you not want to work only 16 hours?

I'm 39 years young, I have my health, a beautiful wife and two amazing kids.

I work when I want (I must say I never miss a round) how I want, where I want, for the amount I want, therefore I have a certain amount of freedom.

Which is priceless.

IMO I drive a nice car, live in a decent home, and want for nothing. have I not cracked it?

Back