Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panel cleaning

b7b0fcec7eee211b5e4b38c135b14388.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I work in Hertfordshire which is not cheap and i still only charge  £2 a panel

Only so much you can charge for them as they take minutes to clean

If you can get more then go for it but i just charge per panel

Hi, been asked to quote cleaning these at this house, I said £30. Only 12 panels.some have 18 a few houses down so was going to quote 40..do you think that's fair..? In north west.

If you clean their windows and you can do them whilst you're there then it's on the high side for me. If you don't and it's a one off job charge as much as the punter is prepared to pay.

I don't do domestic Windows, unless it's a full upvc clean or gutter clean. So just solar clean price.

I didn't realise that 

For me to go out my way just to do the panels then i reckon £3 a panel is fair so £36.. £40 is reasonable then i reckon

I don't do jobs like that except for my window customers so they would be done while i am there earning anyway 

I charged £40 to clean these last week and he is an existing customer. 

They were covered in a mound of pigeon poo where the aerial is though but still only took about 35mins. Then I did the windows as usual afterwards. £56 for an hours work. 

I did a schools last weekend that was about twice as many as that for £65 as well. 

You have to charge what you want to earn for these things. I can’t do too many as I’m only using an SLX22 so I have to be on a roof or equivalent to access them though. 

75BE7937-98A3-48FC-9234-7DF0054A44E7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
If they're installed on a council property, you need to find out who is getting the fit and the export. They will be benefiting from the clean.

fit rate is over 50p /kWh, for early installs. Got to let your price reflect that.

I'm getting over 50p a kw with my 4kw system so I cleaned all 16 panels today for the first time in 6yrs. Would be happy to pay £50 a clean every 3yrs because it would pay for itself in 3yrs. My panels are now sparkling and I will take daily readings and compare with old readings. Will let you know how it goes.

Back