Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is the ladder too short with microlite?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

DSC_0035.JPGDSC_0040.JPGGot a 6.1 metre ladder. With microlight on roof tiles it seemed too short. Is the angle of ladder too tight? Is the microlite put on correctly? 

Looks a bit steep to me...think the ideal distance from the wall is supposed to be one third the working height.

Bit But steeper than it should be but as we all know the theory and then how you need it sometimes to get a job done are a different thing. Don't take a chance with safety though 

I dont want to scare anyone, but many years ago I was a traditional cleaner and for several years I never even had a close shave or trouble of any kind. One february day I was doing the back of a house, ladder on patio with a damp slimy surface, scrimming away as usual, then wooomph, crash. Happened so fast, bottom of ladder just slid away as if someone had pulled it away. hospital a week, steel plate in wrist and bashed my head in. I lost my nerve badly with ladders now, but I believe if I'd had non slip matting and some other features you can get It wouldnt have happened. They told me in hospital window cleaners were the number one of serious/fatal injuries. ( back in 2003 so wfp probably reduced that) But yes, do all you can and if you think a certain job is dodgy, just dont bother, ; )

Back